Dream Teller

As he slowly regained control of his breathing, Kanan looked around his dark cabin. Nothing out of the ordinary.

That was until he heard a very angry groan and yell.

"Goddammit!" he heard from his bottom bunk. He dipped his head over to see Athena gripping her head in pain. "The hell happened?!"

"Good morning to you too," Kanan chuckled. This kid sure did swear.

"Screw off," she grumbled, slowly opening her eyes as she continued to rub her head in pain. She seemed startled when she noticed she was in Kanan's cabin. "Uh... wait...what?"

He jumped down from his cabin and Athena looked confused.

"Was I in your cabin the whole time?"

He nodded, "Yeah. After the Ghost got us from Earth, we just let you sleep in here. You don't remember waking up yesterday?"

"Uh, kinda..." she rubbed her head. "Did I say anything?"

Kanan froze in shock. Did the Ones thing even happen? Did she just make it up in her dreams? No...something wasn't right. Her entire soul left her body yesterday. She died.

"You...don't remember meeting the Gods of Mortis?" Kanan asked in a quiet voice. He didn't want the others to get involved with this whole Ones thing. Ahsoka was right - the Empire would do anything to get a hold of such power from the Gods.

She let out a half-hearted chuckle, "Huh, I guess that was just a really weird and vivid dream. I must've said something to you guys about it."

"Can you describe them?" Kanan questioned. He knew she had never seen them before in any paintings like he had at the Jedi Temple. If she could describe them, that means she couldn't have imagined them. Seeing three random figures and attaching names you've already heard is easy. Describing them is what would indicate whether or not she had indeed met them.

She rubbed her head as she pondered, "Uh, well there were three of them. This old guy, Father, had grey skin and wore robes. Then there was Son, he was really angry and had white skin and red marks and had red eyes. Daughter, she had pale skin and green hair."

She described them exactly right. She couldn't have imagined them.

"You definitely met them, then," Kanan confirmed.

Her eyes went wide, "Are you serious? They're real?"

He nodded.

"Dang..." Athena said. "That's crazy."

He stood there for a moment, contemplating. It was all so strange to him. He turned towards his door and outstretched his arm, turning on the lights to the cabin.

"So, I gotta fight this Abeloth person," she said, trying to register everything. She looked up to Kanan. "Hey, did I tell you they said we're to 'Jedi Knight Dume'?"

He shook his head, "Yeah. You told me and Ahsoka yesterday. Our mom was a Jedi Knight."

She shrugged, "They never said that it was our mom. Could've been our dad and our mom just took his last name."

"No, it was our mom," Kanan looked to his sister. "I had a vision."

She knitted her eyebrows in confusion. "A vision?"

He nodded once more. "I had a vision last night. Our mom was a Jedi Knight. She died, just like Second Brother said. She was protecting you on Earth from the Sith lord."

"Oh..." she went quiet. Athena didn't know why that came to her as sad news. She had known all along her mother was dead. She saw her ghost. Maybe it was because she had hope. Stupid, stupid, useless hope that she'd get to meet her mother in the flesh. A hope that was reignited two weeks ago when Kanan read the note left by their mother.