A Specter in the Ghost

Kanan rolled his eyes upon entering his cabin. Once again there were two little Padawan trespassers to greet him. It was bedtime, but the two Padawans hadn't seemed to care nor notice.

Ezra laid on the metal floor, controller still in hand, as Athena was fast asleep on the bottom bunk just behind the blue-haired boy. Her hand dangled off the bunk, controller slowly slipping out of her fingers' grasp.

"Guys, really?" Kanan sighed. "Can't you guys play in your cabin, Ezra?"

"Zeb kicked us out again," Ezra complained in a sleepy voice, eyes still shut. He yawned as he spoke. "And isn't this Athena's cabin too now, kinda?"

"She's a trespasser just like you," Kanan remarked. He looked to the bottom bunk to see his little sister dead asleep. "But she has a knife on her at all times, so I don't wake her up."

Ezra looked up to the sleepy Athena from his spot on the floor and whispered, "Athena? You up?"

Silence. Nothing but her soft breaths and the occasional drool.

"She's a deep sleeper when she first goes out," Ezra yawned, laying his head back down on the ground.

"You two need to stop playing this game so late at night," Kanan palmed his face.

"Meh..." Ezra mumbled, making himself cozy on Kanan's cabin floor.

"Out," Kanan stated. "She wears plates of lava; you'd have no chance of survival if her powers activate."

Ezra turned a little and saw Athena's arm dangle off the bed, the plate of hardened lava still strapped to her forearm mere inches away from him. The boy Padawan grumbled as he stood, collecting the holo-game console and controllers.

Kanan chuckled and gave Ezra a pat on the shoulder as he came over to him in the doorway.

"Let me know if Athena accidentally sets you on fire," Ezra yawned.

"Eh, her bunk is far enough away from mine," Kanan joked. "I got a fighting chance."

Ezra smiled with amusement and soon exited the cabin, heading to the one he shared with his smelly lasat cabinmate.

Kanan soon enough went to sleep on the top bunk. He rested a little easier that night, knowing Athena's schedule would mean she was training with Father tonight. His training sessions rarely ended with any turbulent reactions from the girl.

It felt like he had just shut his eyes when he felt a tap on his shoulder. His back facing the rest of the room, he had to turn to see the figure behind him.

He blinked a couple of times in surprise and looked over his shoulder to see his sister.

"You want some caf? Hera just made a batch and I know you don't like yours cold."

Kanan groaned and turned over. "Geez, do you and Hera require no sleep? How can you guys wake up so early?"

"Well, I train with the Gods. I don't know about Hera, though," Athena chuckled.

"Fine." the Jedi got up.

He followed his sister down the halls of the Ghost. He raised an eyebrow as he laid eyes on Athena's hair. "Pigtails?"

"Hera likes to play with my hair," Athena shrugged, turning back to Kanan. "This ain't my doing."

The two soon entered the common room and joined their captain for a morning cup of caf. Athena sat on the ground in front of the twi'lek, taking a sip from her mug here and there, as her hair continued to be braided. She had hair all the way down to her elbows - giving the captain plenty of hair to fiddle with.