Festival of the Phoenix

Athena didn't even remember the flight back to the Ghost. The next thing she knew was that she was lying on the common room couch, Hera crouching down next to her.

"You feeling okay?"

Athena couldn't even answer. She opened her mouth a little, but couldn't muster any more words. All the air she had was used up back there on that volcano.

Hera shook her head and turned to Kanan and Ahsoka. The four of them were alone now in the common room.

"How did...how was it even possible?" Hera couldn't even find the right words. It was so mind-boggling. "The radars showed some storm - like a hurricane - circling the volcano. Then...it just vanished."

Kanan gulped, "There's...more."

"What do you mean more?" Hera let out a breathless, worrisome sigh. "How could there possibly be more?"

"You'll have to see it for yourself," Ahsoka solemnly said. "We may need to leave this planet. This was too big."

"If the Empire ever found out she can do this-" Kanan closed his eyes as he shook his head. "I don't want to imagine the typhoon of troops sent out for us."

Athena blankly stared at them. She couldn't move a muscle; it was as if she were paralyzed. Motionless. Dead but alive.

Her mouth felt dry and her vision was barely any less blurry than it was when Ahsoka woke her up.

She couldn't remember those last few seconds of the storm. It was all blacked out.

What did she even do at the end? What happened to the lava?

"She fought..." Hera looked to Athena with disbelief in her eyes. "I can't even fathom it. I just can't."

"We think we may have to go to another planet," Ahsoka stated. "Athena's powers were exposed to this entire planet and the proof of her feat is still back there for all of the capital city to see."

"How long do you think until the Empire comes here for her?" Hera questioned, petting the side of the girl's head.

"We don't know. The Empire abandoned the planet out of fear for that volcano, but who knows how long until word gets out to them about her?" Kanan said.

Hera sighed, "I'm not exactly sure where else we can go at the moment. I'd have to contact Commander Sato."

"We don't know if the Empire will return at all," Ahsoka pointed out. "They only used this planet for its crops. They didn't provide too many resources other than a little bit of food. The effort to return all their forces may not be worth it in their eyes."

"You saw that thing, Ahsoka," Kanan said. "There's no way the Empire wouldn't find that suspicious of rebel activity."

"We'll need to wait and see what Sato says," Hera stood now.

The three adults turned to the girl on the couch as she mustered a small sound out of the back of her throat. She could barely even move her eyes.

"Hey, can you hear us?" Ahsoka knelt down in front of the girl now, looking into her fiery colored eyes. A glow of warmth still swarmed around her body.

She blinked - the closest thing she could muster to a nod.

Ahsoka looked back to Kanan, "She's not nearly as warm as she was yesterday with the fire. She may have learned some restraint."

"After that whole thing, I'm just happy she's alive," Kanan admitted. "She could have died."

"But she didn't." Hera looked down to the girl. "You did good, kid."