Whisper of the Wind

"Did you three seriously stay up all night playing holo games?" Hera questioned, hand on her hip as she glared at the three.

Kanan shook his head awake as he heard Hera's voice. She stood there at his door waiting for an answer. The holo console still on and running. Controller in his hand.

"We..." Kanan sighed, realizing Hera really wasn't about to put up with any stupid shenanigans today. He looked to his right and saw Ezra still clutching him in a sleepy hug. On his left, Athena drooled a little as she buried her head in his side in a tight hug. "We had an emergency game."

"How late was it until you three went to sleep?"

Hera wanted to keep her strict mom-face on; disappointed in Kanan and the two Padawans for spending the night playing games when they should have been sleeping. But, they just looked so darn cute cuddled up on Kanan like that.

Kanan spoke softly, "Athena had a nightmare in the middle of the night. Ezra and I woke up and we managed to calm her down a little."

"So, you played holo-games to help get her back to sleep?" Hera questioned.

"Yeah," he looked down to Athena then back to Hera. "She thankfully went back to sleep after a while."

Hera stepped into the cabin, looking at the girl in compassion, "Must've been one heck of a nightmare that it woke you both up."

"Yeah...it was bad," Kanan frowned a little as he looked down to his little sister. "She vomited a few times in the 'fresher it got to her so bad."

Hera's worried eyes looked to Kanan, "She threw up? How bad was this nightmare? What was it about?"

"She didn't say, but I can guess it was pretty bad."

"How are you gonna wake her up?" Hera asked. "I don't want her waking up in a panic again."

Kanan sighed, realizing that Hera had a good point. He thought for a moment before looking down to Ezra on his right. He patted the back of the boy's shoulders to wake him up.

He groggily awoke and looked to Kanan, "mmm...Morning, Kanan." he looked to his captain. "Morning, Hera."

"Morning, Ezra," Hera greeted.

Ezra looked to the other side of Kanan to see Athena still asleep. "Athena? You awake?"

"No" the girl softly mumbled, gripping Kanan a little tighter as she nuzzled her head into his sweater. "Sleep."

"Come on, Athena," Kanan encouraged. "You gotta get up."

"I don't wanna..." she grumbled.

Hera chuckled. "You're not much of a morning person."

"Come on, Athena," Ezra yawned as he sat up, stretching his arms. "We gotta get up."

She yawned and followed Ezra, soon stretching as she stood up from Kanan's bottom bunk. The girl scrunched up her nose in disgust.

"Ew. My breath stinks more than usual."

"Probably because of the vomit," Ezra said.

Athena groaned as she rubbed her eyes, "Agh, great. Just great."

Hera patted the girl's shoulder, "Alright, go freshen up."

She groaned and did what the captain told her. Ezra stood and stretched some more.

"Agh! That was some fun gaming though," Ezra chuckled and looked back to Kanan. "Thanks for letting us use your cabin, Kanan."

"Yeah, but don't do that again without asking me first," Kanan warned, soon standing up next to his Padawan and captain. "Also, make sure if you two are gaming later at night to be away from each other. Athena can hurt you if something goes wrong in the middle of the night."