One's Balance

"Alright, here are some towels and a couple of snacks seeing you two didn't get supper," Hera said.

The two teens had stars in their eyes as Hera descended the ladder into the cargo bay, holding a bundle of towels. On her back was Athena's bag.

"You do love us!" Ezra cheered.

Hera rolled her eyes as she smiled, taking her last step off the ladder. She walked over to the two teens who still sat in the middle of the cargo bay and handed them the contents she held.

"You heard our message?" Athena questioned. "You're a Jedi too?"

"What? What message?"

"We were calling out into the Force for someone to bring us food," Athena said.

Hera bursted out laughing, "That's what you two were doing?"

"Yes, did it work on you?" Ezra questioned.

"No," the captain shook her head. "I just saw you two on the security camera looking silly."

"We were using the Force, Hera!" Athena threw her arms up. "We are learning!"

Hera sighed, still smiling at the ridiculousness of the two. "Alright. Just no more fire in the ship when the dock is closed, okay? The oxygen filters can only handle so much smoke."

"Alright," Athena grumbled, looking at the food her captain had brought to them.

"Don't do anything while you two are down here. I got cameras in this cargo bay recording you two," Hera warned. "And don't freeze anything or set anything on fire, please."

"I'll do my best, captain," Athena joked. "No promises."

Hera looked to Ezra, "Ezra, I would recommend sleeping as far away as you can from her. She froze over the closet last night and I don't want to have to thaw you out."

"Can I opt to sleep outside?" Ezra suggested.

"I am not opening that gate again," Hera stated. "I gave you a choice before you got on this ship. Live with the consequences." the captain turned back to the ladder and made her way back up into her ship.

Athena looked to Ezra, holding her bookbag in her lap. "Well, now I have my lighter." she displayed the little plastic and metal rectangle.

Ezra glared at her. "Thanks, Athena. Just what we needed."

"You're rude," Athena huffed, putting the lighter back in her bag.

"Says the one who thanked the person who saved her life by splashing him with water," Ezra remarked.

"Oh, you had it coming. Why did you even think it was a good idea to jump on the bubble with me?"

He shrugged. "It looked fun."

"You're insane."

"So are you."

"I guess we would make great friends, then."

"Yeah, I guess so."

Athena gestured to the other side of the cargo bay, "I'll sleep over there. I guess you can sleep over here to avoid any of my frost."

"Wait, I got an idea," Ezra stood. He walked over to the empty crates in the corner of the cargo bay.

Athena followed and watched with a curious eye as the boy placed his hands on an orange crate. She froze when she saw it begin to levitate just above the ground.

Ezra casually floated the crate over to the other side of the bay, guiding it with his hands holding onto the sides of it.

"Woah, you can use the Force that easily on those crates?" Athena questioned, cocking her head to the side as Ezra sat the crate down.