One Dream to Remember

It was grey again. Athena was getting sick of this color. This feeling.

Yeah, grey was soothing and comforting - but it got boring. It was numbing. It wasn't like the cold-numbness you'd get from the dark nor the warming-numbness you'd get from light.

It was groggy. It was static. It was unmoving.

Everything was engulfed in it. Head to toe, she was insensate. Nothing to touch, nothing to hear, nothing to see, and nothing to feel.

Is this death? she wondered.

"Wake, child. It's time to begin."

"Shut up..." Athena groggily mumbled, barely able to muster the words out of her mouth. It was like she had no body. No flesh nor bone. Just...her.

She was so tired. She just wanted to sink into something soft. She wanted to rest.

"Get up!" a harsher voice snapped. This was not the same voice as before. This voice was meaner. More sinister.

"Rise," a soft female voice soothed. "It is time."

"Time for what?" Athena groaned.

She had eyelids. She could feel the weight of them. The aching feeling of them wanting to stay shut. With an internal sigh, she listened to the three voices and pried them open.

Above her were three massive semi-humanoid figures. To her right was a woman with a massive amount of pastel green hair and skin that was a soft white - her skin glowed a light gold and white she was so pale. To her left was what looked to be a nightmare of a man - white skin with blood-red markings across his face and glowing red eyes. Standing just beyond the top of her head was an old man, his beard long and his skin grey - his eyes were black with bright blue circles inside.

"Am I dead?" she sighed, looking up at the strange people.

"No," the grey man answered. "But you will be if you do not rise here soon."

"Kill me, man. Like I care," the girl groaned. This had to be another dream. It had to be. She was on Earth...

"Get up, now!" the man with red eyes snapped.

Athena was startled. She blinked a couple of times and sat up, looking around to see herself sitting in the middle of what seemed to be a grey stone arena.

"She is a child, brother. No need to be so harsh," the woman with green hair and eyes warned the man who had just yelled.

"Who are you people?" Athena eyed the strange group, sitting on the ground still. It was neither cold nor warm. The "sun" above them was sorta bright, but not to the point to where it felt real. It was hazy.

The man behind her with grey skin and a long beard cleared his throat before he began. "Let me properly introduce myself. I am Father, these are my children. Daughter and Son."

"What am I here for?" Athena questioned turning to the grey man. She now saw that he wore long, grey robes with a tall, pointed hat. His wrinkles made him look ancient. Though Athena couldn't understand it yet, she could feel an immense amount of power from them all.

"For training," the 'Father' said. "You are the Earthling, correct? Syla Dume? The one who calls herself Athena Jarrus?"

"I...who exactly are you guys?" she was getting creeped out. This wasn't sitting right with her.

"We are the Ones, also known as the Gods of Mortis to many," the grey man said.

It suddenly came crashing down for Athena. She remembered the quick Jedi lesson Kanan had taught her while being kidnapped by Jalo: