Chapter 10 - Lauren You Gotta Sit Down

Start from the beginning

"Sounds...boring to be honest. Sorry couldn't even lie to you" camila sighed with a chuckle

"Trust me... it is" lauren rolled her eyes when normani made heart shapes with her hands "why are you dropping maddie of at the airport?"

"..... she uhm... she decided it was best to leave home for a week. She's with my parents in miami for Thanksgiving break"

"Ohh..."

"Yeah..."

"Ask her!" Dinah's voice was heard, she tried to be quiet but lauren heard.

"Ask me what?" Lauren frowned but her stomach fluttered.

Camila muttered something about kicking her friends ass before sighing "i- we wanted to see if you would come to our... Thanksgiving dinner? It'll just be me, dinah and shawn"

Lauren frowned at the last name. She never heard of that man before, so suddenly she felt confused and heart broken "oh... I uhm..I'll have too-"

"We'll be there!" Normani said loudly behind lauren. She held a smirk on her face taking a sip.

"Normani?" Camila questioned confused, glancing at a wide eyed dinah before speaking again "I'm on speaker phone?"

"No...mani just doesn't know personal space" lauren rolled her eyes.

"Oh...but your coming? It's okay if ally and normani come too... the more the merrier" camila bit her lip.

Lauren bit her lip "yep, I'll be there. The girl's partners are out of town at a meeting for a business contract. What time and what do it bring?"

Camila perked up hearing Lauren's answer. Dinah gave her a raised eyebrow before she mouthed 'wine'. Camila rolled her eyes but spoke "six o'clock at my place. And...would wine be to much to ask?"

"Nope!" Lauren answered walking over to her friends "anything else?"

"Nah...I think we got it covered. And wear whatever, it's just us so no need for fancy." Camila chuckled.

"Alright. See you Thursday at six, camila."

"You too lauren...bye" camila smiled

"Bye" lauren said before hanging up.

"Ohh dinner with the girlfriend. We finally meeting her in a better way than a hospital trip?" Normani smirked.

"Or because of her daughter" ally raised an eyebrow.

"Guys please just be nice. No interrogation like last time when I brought Lucy over a couple years ago. Even madison was being a detective and shit. I dont want you to ruin Thanksgiving dinner, you hear me?" Lauren gave them knowing looks.

Normani and ally groaned "fine!!"

"Okay. Now to chose a wine to bringing" lauren clamped her hands together

"Oh! I know the perfect one!" Normani bounced from her spot on the couch and walked over to Lauren's kitchen where she had a small wine cellar.

"I guess we just have to wait then" ally chuckled leaning back and taking a sip of her wine.

-

Thursday- Thanksgiving

It was around noon when camila started to cook for dinner. Dinah helped her cut, smash, and do whatever they needed to be done. Camila glanced at her phone, what looked like every minute. Maddie would usually text her 'I'm okay' around this time. The first day camila was without her she frequently called her daughter, worried about her. But the girl declined and just sent a text each time.