TWENTY NINE

It was a warm Saturday afternoon in June

It was a warm Saturday afternoon in June. The sound of a guitar played from inside the empty music venue bled into the streets of LA. Sunset Curve was doing their soundcheck for the long-anticipated, sold-out show that they had that night.

ONE, TWO, THREE!

Alex screamed into his mic while tapping his drumsticks against each other. All the instruments came flooding in as the other three joined him. Luke then came in with his amazing vocals.

Take off, last stop

Countdown till we blast open the top

Face first, full charge

Electric hammer to the heart

All four of them were rocking out to the new song as if they were performing it for real. Olivia even went up in front of Alex's little drum platform and they were vibing off each other.

Clocks move forward

But we don't get older, no

Kept on climbing

Till our stars collided

Luke sang the pre-chorus with the rest of the band backing his vocals up until the last two lyrics.

And all the times we fell behind

Were just the keys to paradise

The four all sang into their mics for the first line of the chorus.

Don't look down

'Cause we're still rising up right now

And even if we hit the ground

Alex, Reggie, and Olivia harmonized into their mics for the last three words of the last two lyrics.

We'll still fly

Keep dreaming like we'll live forever

But live it like it's now or never

The four of them finished off the chorus, perfectly harmonizing with one another. Olivia adjusted her mic quickly for her solo for the second verse.

Hear the noise, in my head

It's calling out like a voice I can't forget

One life, no regrets

Catch up, got no time to catch my breath

Luke had a goofy grin on his face as he watched her play and sing at the same time, never failing to impress him with her talent.

Clocks move faster

Cause it's all we're after now, oh

Won't stop climbing