TEN

The next day at school the two best friends decided to ditch the Tuesday afternoon assembly and hang out in the library together

The next day at school the two best friends decided to ditch the Tuesday afternoon assembly and hang out in the library together. The assembly was just the school talking about what was happening with the different sports teams at the school, which didn't really sound up their alley so they found themselves running through the empty hall, away from the crowd of people filing into the gym, hand in hand.

"Hurry up, someone's gonna see us and drag us in there, slowpoke." Luke pulls her arm, causing her to almost trip but she quickly regains her balance and runs faster.

"Be quiet or someone's gonna drag us in there, loudmouth." Olivia whispers loud enough for him to hear. They both laugh as they push open the door to the room full of books. As soon as the door closes behind them, they double over laughing while trying to catch their breath.

"Come here," Luke says, finally catching his breath. He takes her hand once again and pulls her over to the poetry section. His eyes quickly scan the books as Olivia drops down onto a nearby couch. She sees him snatch a book from the shelf and she laughs as she catches the title. He sits down next to her and leans back against the backrest. She joins him, leaning her head on his shoulder as he opens the book to a random page.

I will not play at tug o' war

I'd rather play at hug o' war

Where everyone hugs

Instead of tugs,

Where everyone giggles

And rolls on the rug

Where everyone kisses,

And everyone grins,

And everyone cuddles,

And everyone wins.

Olivia lifted her head off his shoulder to look at him, a shining smile on her face. Luke turns his head and looks at the girl's lips before lifting his gaze back to her eyes.

"I like line seven." He smiles at her and she scrunches her nose, covering his face with her hand and pushing him down onto the couch. She crawls in next to him, their bodies pressed against each other, and lays her head on his chest looking down at the book.

"Move onto the next one, dork." She laughs and the boy flips through the pages and lands on the namesake of the book.

There is a place where the sidewalk ends

And before the street begins,

And there the grass grows soft and white,

And there the sun burns crimson bright,

And there the moon-bird rests from his flight

To cool in the peppermint wind.