SIXTEEN

Olivia strummed the final chord of Jet Black Heart as the boys all jumped around the stage, going crazy about how they just played their entire setlist perfectly on the stage in El Rey Theatre

"Dudes, that was fucking sick! Can't wait to see us go even harder during the real thing." Luke settles behind the girl and throws his arms over her shoulders.

"Ew! You're gross and sweaty, get off of me." Olivia pulls away from the boy and runs across the stage to get away from him potentially doing it again. She takes one of the towels they had on a speaker and wipes off the sweat that Luke had left on her shoulders.

"It's not gross if you're sweating too. Now get over here and let me hug you." He bounds across the stage and catches Olivia in his arms as she lets out a small screech.

"You two are both disgusting. Anyway, that was amazing. This is gonna be huge for us if we do good tonight." Alex twirls one of his drum sticks through his fingers while turning and looking out into the venue that will soon be filled with people.

"You're right, Alex. This performance is gonna skyrocket our career, so we've got to put it all out there tonight. We've got to give all of our concerts that follow this one our all as well. After this, record execs or managers could show up to anything. We don't want to lack the energy and end up not doing our best with a record executive there." Luke says, successfully wrapping his arms around Olivia's shoulders without her running away or squirming.

"I've always been doing my best at all of our gigs, so that's on you all to figure out." Reggie points at the rest of the group and they all laugh.

"Ok, emotional speech time." Olivia sits on the edge of the stage and the three boys follow. Luke slouches down and places his head on her shoulder as she continues. "Two months ago when I booked us this gig, I didn't know that I'd be here playing with you guys. Just booking the gig, I was over the moon. The fact that I am actually going to be performing somewhere that's not a coffee shop, club, or party, still blows my mind. I never dreamed of performing when I was growing up. Hell, I didn't even listen to music for a whole year until I met Luke and he introduced me to all the good stuff. When I was growing up, I worked my ass off to succeed in school and that was all I cared about. I dreamed about doing something to make the world a better place, like becoming a scientist, or doctor, or some inventor that creates an interface that allows people to play video games together. My dream hasn't changed though. I want to make the world a better place through music with you guys by my side. I don't want to live the classic American Dream. I want to risk my life to make music with the people who have done so much for me in hopes that someday, that music will save someone's life as it did for me." She says smiling at her feet, waving them back and forth as they hang off the stage. Luke intertwines their fingers before kissing the back of her hand. "This is just the beginning boys, and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us." She looks up and Luke and he puts his hand on the side of her face before putting his lips on hers.