ELEVEN

After a few days, the group had come back together for their first rehearsal with Olivia

After a few days, the group had come back together for their first rehearsal with Olivia. They started this rehearsal with a meeting to talk about The El Rey and what would be happening.

"Okay, so the only reason we got this gig was because of a cancellation so it's kinda last minute, but this is big and we've got to knock this out of the ballpark. We got lucky with this and we can't fuck this up. It is going to be a big weekend. Prom and The El Rey?" Olivia exclaims to the boys.

"Dude, don't worry! We're gonna rock that entire weekend and it's gonna be epic!" Reggie bounces around in his seat excitedly. "This is gonna be the biggest weekend of our lives!" He shouts.

"So the gig is on Friday, April 4th, and starts at 8 pm. We have to be at the venue 5 hours early to get our stuff in, do a soundcheck, let the crowd in, and then perform. It's going to be a 45-minute performance with the possibility of an encore. I don't know about you guys, but I am going to want some beauty sleep before prom, so I don't want to have to spend too long at the venue afterward." She looks up from the paper she took notes on while on the phone with the venue.

Olivia had basically been the band's manager since the 4 boys started the band freshman year. She would call places and get them on the list, take down details, and manage their time they spent rehearsing. It was a lot of work doing that, getting amazing grades in school, and then throwing guitar player on top of all of that became stressful for the girl, but she managed her own time well.

"Do you guys think we can be ready for that in only a month?" Olivia questions the boys with a look of concern.

"Of course we'll be ready by then. I could also write a whole setlist of new songs by then." Luke grins, getting up from the couch and walking toward her. "I won't, but I could, and that's what counts." The other two boys roll their eyes at Luke as he tries to act all cool. "You're the one being put up to the test. Do you think you can learn your part to all the Sunset Curve songs, plus maybe even some new ones?" Luke questions the girl's ability while standing directly in front of him and gets up close to her face.

"Course I can, pretty boy. I've been practicing all week and got all those songs down, how hard could more be?" She looks him right in the eyes, briefly letting her eyes flicker down to his lips that she couldn't stop thinking about in the past week, before returning them back to his eyes. He lets out a small hum, biting his lip, before backing away, taking a deep breath.

"You are going to be the death of me, princess." He bounces on his feet while she rolls her eyes at the little nickname.

Luke and Reggie had noticed the tension between the two the whole week, starting the night Bobby was out. It wasn't anything bad, it was just the energy that the two wanted to be down each other's throats whenever they were around each other. Alex assumed they were hooking up due to them both conveniently disappearing at the same time. They were both gone from the assembly, they had both missed 3 out of the 5 lunches that week, and when the four of them met up the day before, they both had urgent emergencies at home, causing them to have to leave early. All of these things together just gave Alex the vibe that they were hooking up. Reggie could tell that they liked each other but did not believe they were hooking up. There was an energy between them that seemed like they wanted to be down each other's throat, but there was also an awkward tension that kept them from it.