Prologue

****

TRIGGER WARNING

This book does mention suicide multiple times. I will put trigger warnings on each of the chapters it is brought up in.

****

Olivia let a few strands of her hair fall into her face as she stood in the spot where she had found her mother, laying on the bathroom floor, a year before. She didn't understand what she had done wrong to lose her. One day she was having so much fun with her, smiling and laughing, and the next she was standing in front of her limp body on the bathroom floor. She didn't know if moving away would help her move on from the pain or the memories of her mother, but she knew that she wouldn't continue reliving the moment in her head standing in the same spot in the bathroom every night. She was hoping to escape the constant pain she was always feeling.

"Olivia! You need to grab the last box out of your room and put it in the car. If we get out of here now we can go get fast food for lunch." Olivia's oldest sister, Crystal, shouted from down the hallway. This pulled Olivia out of her thoughts and she ran to her room to grab the small box. It was the last thing left in her room and it was odd to see the room completely empty with just the box sitting off to the side. As she ran out of the room for the last time, she turned the light off refusing to let any tears slip down her face, knowing that she's already shed so many leading up to this moment.

"I like the sound of that! Can we please get Wendy's? I'm really wanting chicken nuggets right now." Daphne, Olivia's other older sister yelled from downstairs.

Olivia ran out the front door and threw the last box into an open space in the back of the car and quickly buckled herself in as her sisters got in the front seat and turned on the radio. They pulled out of the driveway, not looking back at the house that they had all lived in since they were born.

At the time of the move, Crystal was 19. She was tall, not super tall, but taller than most girls. Her long wavy blonde hair was what made her stand out from the rest of her family. Crystal had striking green eyes just like her other two sisters but they seemed to stand out more with her blonde hair. After their mom died, she became the maternal figure in the house due to the lack of their father's presence. She picked up a job at a local coffee shop and every minute she wasn't working, she would spend with her two sisters.

Daphne was 13 at the time. She was a couple of inches shorter than the oldest sister, but with Crystal's slouch, they looked to be about the same height. She had beautiful chocolate brown hair that sat in ringlets around her face. Her eyes were an exact copy of her sisters, always receiving compliments on them. She mostly found herself studying for school to get the highest grades or watching tv with her older sister.

The youngest of the three, Olivia, was 11 at the time. She was short and her whole family knew she wasn't going to grow much more. Her hair was wavy like Crystal's but had the chocolatey brown color of Daphne's. She had the same eyes as her sisters but she saw them with more of a dull effect compared to the other two's, especially after the loss of her mother. Her mother's suicide wrecked her. She stopped talking to all of her friends, which she already didn't have very many, and threw herself into school as much as she could in order to distract herself. The year before the unfortunate event, her school had moved her up a grade because of how quickly she was progressing. This devastating event only made her focus more on school though because she didn't know what else to do to keep her distracted.

The oldest sister hoped that moving to a new place would pull Olivia out of the shock she was stuck in since their mother's death. Although she was proud of her youngest sister's success in school, it was all she ever saw her do. Everywhere they went, she would be reading something for school or carting around homework. If she wasn't doing something for school, she would be blankly staring into the bathroom where her mother had been the year before when she found her. Crystal just wanted to see Olivia having fun with friends again, and that's why she made the suggestion of moving to their father. He didn't ever want to do anything with them, but if they asked for something, he would always say "Sure, I don't care" or "Go right ahead, doesn't matter to me". It hurt all of them to lose their father that had used to always love to spend time with them, taking a complete 180 after just one night, but Crystal knew that it was just how he was grieving. She knew that she could keep it together for them and that was what mattered. She just wanted to see her sisters happy, mostly Olivia.