EIGHT

"Boys, the gig last night sucked

"Boys, the gig last night sucked. We've really got to step up our game if we want to be a part of the big leagues. Let's run through Jet Black. That was the song that I felt we were the most lacking energy in." Luke picks up his guitar as the boys all get set up to play the song.

Alex starts hitting his drums as they begin the song, Bobby quickly joining him with the guitar. Luke joins them with vocals, singing on his own.

Everybody's got their demons

Even wide awake or dreaming

I'm the one who ends up leaving

Make it okay

Luke finishes the first verse, vocalizing perfectly.

See a war, I wanna fight it

See a match, I wanna strike it

Every fire I've ignited

Faded to grey

Reggie joins in singing on the second verse. They finish the verse as the door to the garage opens and the boys see Olivia hauling her backpack in, holding it in both her hands as it weighs down on her. They stop the song as soon as they see that she's struggling with the bag and Bobby pulls his guitar off and runs over to her to help.

"Here Ol, let me help you with that. It looks heavy." As he takes the bag from the girl, it drops to the ground, pulling the boy down with it. "Yep, as I expected. Very heavy." He mutters and Olivia laughs with a large smile covering her face.

"Sorry, I would have been here on time, but someone decided to leave me at the school." Her facial expression quickly changes as she glares over at Luke. "I had to wait on Daphne while she was making out with her boyfriend in the senior hall." She lets out a sigh as she sits on the couch and Bobby pulls the backpack in front of her.

"I am so sorry, Olly. I had to get here as soon as possible so we could clean up the setlist. Last night was terrible and we can't afford to have it suck that much again." Bobby plops down on the couch next to the girl and Luke notices Bobby resting his arm on the girl's shoulder and her slightly leaning into him. Luke gives Bobby a questioning look but Bobby just shrugged, acting like it was nothing.

Bobby was always jealous of everything Luke had since they became friends the summer before freshman year. Yeah, Bobby had the bigger house and richer family, but Luke had the most gorgeous best friend, had the best voice, had the best guitar skills. Luke was always praised for everything he did while Bobby was just seen as the guitarist in the band. He felt like the useless side character that didn't progress the plot. But now, with what he had with Olivia, he wanted to brag about what he had. He felt like he had finally beat Luke at something for once.

"Yo Alex, you guys have juice in the house, right? I'm parched." Olivia asked, pulling away from the boy and standing up from the couch.

"Yeah, it's in the back of the fridge. We're trying to hide it from my dad so he doesn't drink it all." Alex replies, flipping one of his guitar sticks in his hand. The girl leaves the garage and Luke quickly snaps at Bobby.