I looked at mom, her eyes were red and puffy. She looked depressed and lifeless. What he hell did my dad do? We drove to a hotel, it was nice, huge, and very clean. I got my own room, my parents shared one, my brothers all got their own rooms.

I closed my room door and looked around, I wasn't a fan of fancy, expensive things. But being in the mafia, everything was fancy and expensive. I set my bags down on the floor beside my bed before taking off my shoes. I checked out the bathroom, it was absolutely spotless. The shower had many settings and knobs. The sink had a weird faucet, the water came out weird. I had my own personal mini fridge. The makeup I usually use was perfectly placed in a cabinet above the sink. The trimmings in the bathroom were pure gold.

I walked back into my bedroom and sat down on my bed. Thinking of Grace, I took a picture of my hotel room and sent it to her. Setting my phone down on my bedside table, I laid down and stared at the ceiling. Conspiracies about being in Milan exploded in my mind, why did our dad fly us down here? A knock at my bedroom door ended my daze. I stood up and walked over to the door, I opened it to find my mom. " Hey," I said. Her eyes weren't as red, by the were still a little puffy. I didn't want to ask her what was wrong, because I knew she wouldn't want me to.

" How do you like your room?" My mom asked walking in. I closed the door and folded my arms, " it's, big." My mom chuckled, " yeah, you know our family loves big things." My mom sat down on my bed, I sat down next to her. " We're going out to dinner in thirty minutes, there's a dress for you in your closet," my mom informed. I looked at the closed before looking back at my mom. " What's going on?" I asked. " Why did dad fly us down here?" My mom inhaled slowly before saying, " just, trust your father and I, okay?" I nodded, " okay." My mom smiled and kissed my forehead , she hugged me and sighed. " My bathroom has gold in it," I said. My mom laughed, " yeah, I saw that too." I couldn't help but smile at the thought of a rich girl seeing gold for the first time.
- - -
I looked into the body mirror and stared at myself. I hated dressing up, wearing makeup, and heels. I hated heels. I wore a floor length light pink silk dress that had a slit down one leg, and nude heels. The dress projected my hourglass form, I hated it.

The makeup made me look three years older, and the heels made me look three inches taller

The makeup made me look three years older, and the heels made me look three inches taller. The longer I stared at myself, the more I forget what I actually looked like. My long curled hair set perfectly on my back and shoulders. For decoration, I had painted my nails white. Basic, right? Grabbing my mini purse and phone I walked to the door right as someone on the other side knocked. I opened it, Emiliano stood in an all black tuxedo. He looked at me and smiled. " Shut it," I said sternly. Emiliano chuckled, everyone in my family knew I hated getting all dressed up. They knew that I'd rather wear sweats and an oversized hoodie than heels and a short flashy dress. " You look good," Emiliano said stepping aside as I walked out and locked my door. " I'm going to break my ankles in these stupid shoes," I huffed . Emiliano grinned and held out his arm, " don't worry, you look amazing." I slid my around around his as we made our way downstairs to the lobby.
- - -
The lobby was full of fancy people, were they going to the same place my family was going? As Emiliano and I walked to the lounge area, I saw my parents and my other brothers. My mom wore a long, red dress with long sleeves and a low v-neck. All my brothers and my dad wore all black tuxedos. My mom smiled as soon as she saw Emiliano and I, she separated from my dad and walked up to us. " That dress is absolutely stunning on you Thalia," my mom said happily. She shot Emiliano a look, " I already told her that mom," Emiliano said smiling. " Good," my mom said. Everyone met up, my dad didn't even looked at me once. He talked to my mom, Emiliano, and our Uber driver. What was going on? My dad flew us all the way down to Milan for a surprise planned for me, but then wouldn't talk to me or even make eye contact. What joke was my dad making?

Everything was bright and sparkly, the roads were dotted with fancy cars. Trees were filled with colored lights, the sidewalks were crowded with people in fancy clothes and normal night out clothes. If I thought my school was crowded on a daily basis, I was poorly mistaken.

The car came to a halt, the doors opened and everyone got out. My mom took my hand in hers. We followed my dad to a huge, crowded building. The lights were blinding but breathtaking. People in fancy dresses and suits filled every room. The mouthwatering smell of food caused my stomach I grumble. My mom squeezed my hand and smiled, " this is absolutely beautiful," I said. My mom smiled, I watched as my brothers looking around, too in awe. If this was the arrangement my father was talking about and had planned, you can definitely saw that I was amazed.