Blinking thoughtfully at her, Hisoka remained silent as he continued to walk back inside.

"I don't have plans for today." He lied.

With the sparkle in her eye increasing ten fold, ''So I can hang out with you?" Maleeka clarified.

Closing his eyes for a brief second before looking at his own blood, ''You may.'' He distantly replied, feeling peculiar inside about spending time with her, yet alone carrying her in his arms.

''Yay! Thank you Hisoka!'' She beamed, wriggling partially in his embrace while giving him a short lived hug. ''Can we make breakfast? I didn't have this morning. I told my mother I wasn't hungry, but after that walk I'm starving!''

''Make breakfast? There's no need, I have a chef to do that.'' Hisoka casually replied. Feeling partially surprised at the light smack he received from her on his head, ''Chef? No! We make it ourselves!'' She cutely yelled.

With a small gentle smirk, ''It's going to be futile to disagree with you isn't it?" He stated to himself more than questioned.

Furrowing her eyebrows, ''What does fu-tile mean?" Her youthfulness showed.

''Pointless.'' He answered.

''Oh! Well yes it is fu-tile to disagree with me!''

Finally making his way inside, he internally smiled upon hearing the gasps and awing eyes coming from Maleeka after seeing what his mansion looked like. Hisoka couldn't help but reminisce at the memory of you reacting the same way that night he brought you home. You and her were truly cut from the same cloth. How could he not be automatically fond of his daughter if she reminded him of you so much?

Dismissing the old female chef, Hisoka placed Maleeka down onto the kitchen counter and stared amusingly at her. ''What now?"

Tapping her chin pensively, ''So mum likes making this, either sandwich that has - ''

''Egg and avocado on toasted bread.'' Hisoka impulsively finished her sentence, not realizing he was living out his memories nor thinking out aloud.

''Huh? Yes! How did you know?"

''...''

''Assumed. Everyone eats that for breakfast.'' He smoothly played it off.

''Ah I see, but yes! That or an English breakfast. But since I think you don't know how to cook we can make the sandwiches.'' She cheekily stated, causing Hisoka to lightly huff in amusement.

''So judgy. '' He remarked.

''Hey! How is stating facts being judgy? You have a chef to cook for you! Clearly you don't know how to cook.'' She replied.

''I am too busy to cook for myself. Besides, if I can afford to hire a chef why not?"

Cutely rolling her eyes at him, ''Okay, okay don't flex.'' She battered her eyelashes.

''Anyways! Let's start.'' She slid down onto the chair and then onto the floor, dragging the chair to the fridge.

''You know you could of just asked me to take it out for you.'' Hisoka trailed behind her, watching her take out 2 eggs - bitterly smiling at the remembrance of your independence she seemed to have too.

''Hm, you can deal with putting it on the stove. My mother forbade me to be anywhere near the stove when it's on.'' She replied, handing her father the eggs.

For 10 minutes, following the exact instructions of how much salt, thyme and any other light spices Maleeka recalled you putting. Sprinkling a bit of black pepper over the slice avocado's, Hisoka took a seat next to Maleeka.

Smacking his hand lightly, she shook her head at his attempted action to eat. ''Un huh! We always pray first. Come.'' She stated, reaching out her tiny hand for Hisoka to hold. Another gesture she probably adopted from you.

Hisoka wasn't a God a person, but he didn't mind doing this with her for some reason.

Saying a mini prayer of thanks and blessing, when Hisoka took the first bite, he instantly froze and stared deeply at the sandwich.

Noticing his pause and quietness, ''Something wrong?" She asked after swallowing.

Nothing was wrong, he merely felt a bit overwhelmed and nostalgic with the taste of the food. It tasted exactly the way you used to make it..

Oh, how he missed the days of either waking up to breakfast waiting for him on the table, or on his bed before you left. However, the best memories were walking downstairs, smelling the aroma and seeing you in his shirts. Going the extra mile by feeding him with that constant heart warming smile plastered on your beautiful face. Hisoka truly had a good life with you. But he traded that. Took it all for granted. So for seven years he was left with the shell of his home - filled with memories of you. Torturing himself by imagining your ghostly figure still wandering around his house.

Always looking over to the other side of his bed for your sleeping figure. Glancing at his passenger seat, remembering all the conversations, singing, laughter and comfortable silent drives he had with you. However the worst feeling he had encountered, was when one day your scent faded completely from his clothing or bedsheets. At least for awhile he still had traces of you to ease his tormented soul, but when your scent became void - it felt like you were completely gone.

No one truly knew what Hisoka went through during the passing years. The sleepless nights. The attempts to drown his emotions from the bottle of a wine bottle. The withdrawal. The staring of your pictures.

Only once, had Sabastian caught him asleep on the bed with your scarf tangled around his fingers that was nuzzled near his face. The most vulnerable anyone has ever seen him. Hisoka only knew about that incident because Sabastian had confronted him about it - asking if he was okay. Ever since that day, Hisoka refused to depict any emotion. Never wanting to feel or look weakened in front of someone again. Although deep down, Hisoka now always knew Sabastian would be the one he would go too if he got tired of holding up those emotionless walls after stumbling upon his vulnerability that day. Hence why the Joker didn't mind expressing such pain yesterday to him in the car after seeing you.

Hisoka only learnt your value and importance once you were gone. How cliché and depressing.

''No. Nothing is wrong.'' He distantly replied.