1

Cover by: SxmplyMoxxi
Indiejumper20 gave me this idea :))

TW's:
-(Cyber)bullying
-Homophobia

George's POV

I was staring at my ceiling thinking about today. Today was a weird day and it still felt unreal. One stupid sentence made everyone realise my secret. I remember the conversation well, I was sitting with Darryl with all the boys of the football team behind me. We were just talking and Darryl was scrolling through some TikTok videos.

They paused a little on a few videos to watch it and Darryl smiled at me as I looked with them over their shoulder. Nothing went wrong in the beginning, but then I suddenly said something I absolutely didn't want to.

'He is so hot,' I heard myself say.

Darryl's head lifted up and they looked at me, frowning slightly. I knew they wouldn't mind at all, since they liked boys too and they were non binary. They only came out to me and I was planning on not coming out at all. I was gay and I had known that for a long while now. I knew it because I had a small crush on Clay, a popular boy on the football team. I never tried doing anything with my crush, Clay was straight and I acted straight.

The fact I told Darryl I found a guy hot wasn't the problem at all, the only problem was all the boys of the football team behind me. I could feel their heads move up slowly, the awkward silence got broken by giggling and after that loud laughs.

I knew Darryl for three years now, they wouldn't mind at all. I moved to America three years ago because my dad had a better opportunity for work here. I was from England and I often wished to go back.

I looked at Darryl, feeling my face heat up. Darryl smiled at me and ignored the boys behind them, they softly touched my shoulder and rubbed over it. 'Do you like boys?' they whispered quietly so no one could hear them but me.

I bit my lip and started scratching my skin softly, nodding my head after that. Darryl smiled brightly and grabbed their phone to text me so no one could hear.

Darryl
im so proud of u :D may i ask ur sexuality?

You
i am gay

Darryl
cool! i accept you either way. how long have u known ur gay for?

You
idk, a year maybe

Darryl smiled at me and I wanted to stand up to escape the giggling people behind me as one of the boys grabbed my phone. I felt my face heating up even more as I grabbed my phone quickly again, although they had already seen me say that I was gay. They started laughing even harder and one of the boys stood up, looking at me.

'You'll hear from us.'

I looked at them all, I saw them all laugh, but Clay and Sapnap. They had a small smile on their face, but I could see in their eyes that they didn't really like it.

Another boy smiled at the guy who grabbed my phone. 'What did it say?'

'George here seems to be gay.'

Everyone started laughing even harder and I started running away really quickly. I didn't even feel like going back anymore and I grabbed my bike to go home.

Well and now I was here, staring at the ceiling for an hour now. I accidentally outed myself by saying such a dumb thing, but it just slipped. I just saw a guy I found hot and I said it before thinking.

Darryl was supportive, but the guys behind me weren't at all. To make it all even worse, Clay was also there and I knew he was straight. I was happy that I didn't say anything about him in my texts to Darryl. I would keep that part a secret forever.

I kept staring at my ceiling as I heard my phone buzz. I grabbed it and hoped for a text of Darryl, but I startled. It was a random number texting me and I read the texts.

Unknown
i said i wasnt gonna leave it like that
i dont really appreciate ugly gay boys to be close to me
i think its better for u to just stay away from me for now or ill hurt u

I startled a little, but I laid my phone down after that. He wasn't worth it at all, he wasn't worth my time. Although he wasn't worth it, it still hurt a little. I wished I could go back in time and I wished I could have never said that I was gay.

I stood up and I walked downstairs since my mum called for help and I looked at her.

'Hey, sweetie. How was your day at school?'

'It was fine.'

She had been working the whole day today so she didn't know I came home early. I didn't want her to know either, I hadn't come out to my parents. I was actually sure they would be supportive, but after today I really didn't even want to think about coming out ever again.

'Can you maybe cut this chicken for dinner?'

I nodded and I grabbed a knife to cut the disgusting and raw chicken. I made a face and my mum smiled at me.

'Are you alright today?'

'Why?'

'You cut chicken more often, but you just seem annoyed now.'

'Be happy I'm doing it, it's disgusting and slippery.'

My mum couldn't resist a small laugh and I rolled my eyes. 'Why don't you just buy the chicken which is already cut in pieces.'

'They are more expensive.'

'Well-,' I started, but I cut myself off. If I was going to act so grumpy she would probably know something was wrong. 'Fine.'

I slowly cut the chicken and washed my hands after that. I sat down on the couch and grabbed my phone.

Unknown
ur so ugly

I rolled my eyes as I deleted the message, I sat back on the couch and grabbed the television remote. I put on a random show and I sighed softly. If I could I would immediately go back in time and change my mistakes. Those messages didn't really do me much so far, but even though it didn't do me much, liking it would be something completely different.

1055 words