Chapter 41 (The End.. For Now)

Hey, I hope you have enjoyed reading this book. Thank you for all the support. I am thinking of doing a sequel to this at some point in future so keep your eye out for it.

It was a perfectly normal Friday morning, sun beams peered through the slit of your blinds, waking you up. The last few weeks in the tower had been bliss. Loki had moved in to your room and your perfectly happy, the happiest you had been in a long time.

Your friendship with the team had bloomed in to the family you had always wanted. Tony had completely forgiven you and had acted like a father again. It was truly amazing to have a father figure since both of yours failed miserable.

You and Nat became best friends, she supported you through thick and thin, always having your back. Wanda and Vision made a lovely couple to go on double dates with. You had finally managed to convince Loki to go out on dates and you felt like a normal person, well as normal as it could get for you. You were an immortal who could use magic,!dating a God and prince of Asgard with parent problems, and all your friends were the protectors of earth. Apart from that things were looking normal.

Steve and Bucky helped you train and were becoming closer to you by the day. Bruce allowed you to tinker in the lab with him and Clint continued to show you how to use a bow. Every mission you had been tasked with was a success.

You sat up in bed. Stretching and yawning making Loki stir by your side. His black locks draped over his face and his gentle breathing made you smile. Slowly getting out of bed as not to wake him you headed for the shower. Once showered and dressed you walked quietly to the door. You decided to let Loki lie in today and wanted to make him breakfast. Swiftly, you exited your room and entered the hallway.

The hallway was eerily quite, normally there would be people about by now or at least voices coming from the kitchen. You stood listening, nothing. It was like the whole team had gone out and not told you. Once in the kitchen you proceed to make Loki some breakfast.

"I don't think that will be necessary my dear" Loki's voice made you jump and you turned around. He reached for your hand and you took his. He led you to the middle of the living room slowly, he looked extremely Nervous.

"Jarvis please play that song now" A beautiful classical song filled the room. The blinds shut around you and orangey dim lights illumined the room. Loki wrapped his hand around your waist pulling you closer and started to dance. You let out a small giggle.

He cleared his throat " The first night I knew how you felt about me this song was playing. It was the night I realised that my feelings for you were not stupid and that you had felt the same way back. I tired to close you out for a long time but you wouldn't let me and for that I shall be forever grateful. You are an amazing person and I do believe the love of my life." He stopped dancing with you and got to one knee. "Would you do my the honour of becoming my wife Y/N L/N?" His voice was trembling.

Suddenly you forgot how to breath, you felt so light headed. Burst of joy and sheer happiness exploded in your body. You couldn't believe it, he asked you to marry him.

"Yes! Yes, Loki of course!" Was all you could mange as you started bursting in to tears of joy. He placed a beautiful ring on your finger.

"I think that's how Midgardians do it and now I'm the one kneeling... ironic" He laughed before coming to give you a hug. Forehead to forehead you stood.

"I think the nine realms of you Y/N, I'm so happy that you said yes" A tear formed in his eye and he let it drop to the floor. You locked lips with the most incredible man you had ever met. "I guess I can let the team know you said yes" He giggled.

"The team knew?" You asked him.

"Yes, I got tips from them" You rolled your eyes. "But I thought it best to do this part in privet, I know that's what you would have wanted".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That evening you had the best time of your life because you got to spend it with your family. The past year had been a rollercoaster of emotions but you wouldn't have changed it for anything. You looked over at Loki who looked the happiest you had ever seen him and you couldn't wait to spend the rest of your life with him.

The two of you, forever and always.

The end ❤

The end