Chapter 4

Hello I just wanted to show you what I mean by the blue patterns on your arms. The picture below is the type of idea that I am going with. Ignore the writing on the arms.

You sat crossed legged on your bed in an empty room staring at your palms

You sat crossed legged on your bed in an empty room staring at your palms. Concentrating to see if the blue patterns would do anything.

Nothing.

Please just do something, anything... please.

Still nothing.

You placed your hand on the window and watched the blue patters form and come to life as if flowing up through your veins. Releasing your hand, you again watched as the disappeared.

Knock, knock.

"Come in" You called from the window. Tony opened the door and lent on the frame.

"Just thought I would grace you with good news. You have a neighbour now" He smiled. "Sorry Kid, the only room available is opposite yours" You were slightly confused what Tony was harping on about when suddenly Loki stepped in to view.

You nodded at Tony "Its fine". Loki didn't even look at you, he had his arms folded acting like a child who had just been told they weren't allowed to go play outside. You made your way over to the door.

"Anything happens, you know where I am" Tony told you and with that he shut the door again.

You fell on to your bed, music playing softly in the background and aloud yourself to fall into a nice, long sleep.

———————————————————————---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N, just the girl I need" Steve approached you in the kitchen. "The team have a mission and for obvious reasons you have to stay here".

"That's okay" You smiled as you placed some bread in the toaster.

"But... Loki will also have to stay here because well, no one likes him and we don't trust him to put it simply" You folded your arms and turned to Cap.

"Okay, so that means you want me to be alone here with a murderer who isn't overly found of me?" You smiled.

"Yeah, basically"

"I don't have a say, do I?" You scratched your head.

"Not really... sorry" he tried to give you a positive smile and thumbs up. You agreed and said your goodbyes to the team unknowing when they would be back. You didn't mind being alone in the tower with Loki, you hadn't even seen him since he arrived. You thought he was too busy throwing a sulk to even appear, let alone try and kill you and take over the world again. However, to your surprise a swift shadow darted towards the kitchen drawing your attention away from the book you were reading. Several hours had passed after you had said your goodbyes to the team. Carefully placing the book on the seat next to you, you watched Loki rummage through the cupboards. You coughed slightly making him jump at the sound.

"Jarvis please turn the main living room light on" The light grew brighter illuminating your body which sat on the sofa in the middle of the living area. Loki looked as if he had seen a ghost before he said.

"I didn't know anyone was in here".

"Well, I am" You smiled back. He still hadn't moved; it was like you had caught him committing a small crime. "You can carry on what you were doing, just pretend that I'm not here, it should be a pretty easy thing for you to do. After all I am only from Midgard and a poor, insignificant mortal who is very much beneath you" You smirked before picking up your book and continuing to read.

Did I just attempt to flirt with Loki?  You thought. Oh dear, why did I just do that?

Adrenaline was pumping through your body at the thought of what you just did. You glanced back up to see Loki had gone just a swiftly and silently as he had appeared but this time with no shadow that caught your attention. The team did mention that he could teleport, perhaps that's what he did, but you couldn't help but wonder if he felt angered by your remark or if he was impressed.