Chapter 20

Wanda had been correct; Loki did eventually come to find you

Wanda had been correct; Loki did eventually come to find you. You had been in your room for the majority of the next day troubled with how you had left him. The feeling of worry never went away until a knock at your door surprised you in the afternoon.

There stood a dilapidated looking Loki with red rimmed eyes and black wisps of hair protruding from his normally neat hair. His head hung low, he looked exhausted. You gestured for him to enter your snug room to which he did, neither of you saying a word. He looked ill, he held a sickly pale complexion exacerbated by his messy raven hair and sunken eyes. Both of you sat on your bed and you placed a hand on his attempting to comfort him. 

He remained silent, but you were understanding. You didn't mind how long it took for him to talk to you, as long as he felt comfortable you were happy.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like that, I hate myself for it" He muttered faintly.

"I really don't mind; you still look like you" Squeezing his hand slightly you shifted closer to him.

"I am also sorry for how I acted; I know it wasn't your fault" He still couldn't bring himself to look at you so, you brought your hand up to his cheek and moved his head so you could look at him.

"You have to stop thinking that I'm going to run away" You placed a small kiss on his lips. He leant forward so that your foreheads were touching. Eyes closed, you let him come to you for a kiss this time. It was deep and passionate, interlocking your lips with his.

"Oh My God!" A high-pitched voice jolted you away from Loki who immediately rose to his feet summering a dagger. Peter was standing wide-eyed in the middle of your open door, he only had wanted to tell you that dinner was ready.

"Have you ever heard of knocking Peter!?" The boy slowly began stepping backwards with his hands in the air and twisted around as if he was about dart off.

"Don't even think about it" Loki demanded as he teleported behind Peter shoving him into the room and slamming the door.

"You tell anyone of this, and he mean anyone, I will hunt you down and..." Loki sounded serious.

"Loki stop your scaring him" Peter looked most uncomfortable.

"Just don't tell anyone, they would disown Y/N and probably throw me in a prison cell". What Loki was saying was highly exaggerated but not too far from the truth. They wouldn't be happy at all and Loki would face much harsher consequences than you. It dawned on you that you would have to keep your feelings and affections towards him as secret as possible. Which would be much harder than it sounded as Perter already knew and he had only been in the tower less than forty-eight hours.

"I wont tell anyone, I wont even be here all the time" Peter was jumpy and you could tell Loki's threats alone was enough to put Peter off from spilling.

"Even Tony?" Loki folded his arms.

"Yes, even Mr. Stark, although that one is going to be tricky" Loki gave him a death stare. "I want him to trust me" Peter's voice went even higher than before.

"Peter... please" He nodded his head.

"I'm going home tonight, ill try and forget about it before I return next week".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner that night was a tense and awful experience. Peter knew of you and Loki and Wanda gathered that there was something going on. In all of the events that had happened since your talk with Wanda, you had forgotten to tell Loki that she can read minds.

"Kid, how you are finding the Avengers tower?" Tony asked Peter who had said nothing during dinner, which was apparently unlike him.

"Mmmm... yeah its been great Mr. Stark" Peter gave a weak smile before shooting worried looks between you and Loki.

"Everything alright? You look... pasty" Tony had picked up on the looks Peter was giving Loki.

"Yup".

"Okay then. I have some important news. I want to train Y/N up to eventually become a member of the team" You nearly chocked on your food.

"What? Are you serious?" You asked coughing and quickly taking a sip of water.

"Yes, you clearly have some form of gift and, with the right training you could be a valuable asset to the team" You beamed.

"Welcome to the team" Natasha raised her glass in the air.

"Congratulations" Cap said.

Well done Y/N. You deserve it.

Thank you, Loki.