Chapter 6

"Lady Y/N" Your head was spinning when you came round. "Give her some space" Thor's voice entered your ears, and a small groan escaped your lips. Slowly opening your heavy eyelids was a painful challenge and you realised that you were lying on the cold floor of your room still. Several pairs of eyes were on you as you sat up. "Careful lady Y/N" Thor helped prop you up.

"What happened?" Clint asked as he knelt beside you.

"I'm not sure. One moment I was fine and the next I was on the floor" You didn't want to tell the team that Loki made you so angry that you somehow managed to mentally block his door which caused you to blackout.

"Here" Clint placed a small tissue in the palm of your hand which was stained black from what you thought was probably the weird black mist. "For your nose" He gestured at the blood which you had just realised was running down your face and dripping on the floor. You thanked him and used the tissue as he suggested, holding it up to your nose and letting the crimson liquid collect in to the white paper.

"I think someone has powers" Tony laughed still in his Iron Man suit.

"So, it just happened? You just started glowing blue and black stuff escaped your palms?" Clint asked. You simply nodded before your eyes fell on Loki who stood in your door way away from the others. He stayed silent which you appreciated greatly. "Come on let's get you something warm to drink and a blanket and we can discuss this further" Clint and Thor helped you to your feet and the pounding in your head slowly wore away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and the team came up with a plan to test what you could do; the training room was agreed to be the best place to do so once you were ready. It was getting late so the team suggested that you should return to your room and rest after what had happened.

One your way back you ran into Loki who had finally came out of his room while people were in the tower.

"You know everyone's in the kitchen, just a little heads up for you." You spoke.

"I know, I'm sick of hiding in that room. Even a God has to eat" He said sarcastically.

You began walking away when you stopped and turned to him. "Why didn't you tell them what happened, you know, with the door?"

"Well. I'm not particularly fond of them as you know, and it was not my place to say. If it were important enough you would have said yourself and I'm not a total monster all the time" He gave a small bow in a mocking manner. "However, Lady Y/N, I do think it wise you tell them eventually. Not many people could have done what you did" He gave you a small smile before he disappeared out of sight.

Did he just smile at me? That was strange.

Once in the quiet of your room you let out a huge sigh and rested on your head on the soft pillows of your bed.

What a crazy day.

That was the last thought you had before you sank into a restless, haunted sleep.

Nightmares infected your slumber causing you to wake up every hour or so. Mostly haunted dreams about your parents dying in gruesome ways. What hadn't they come looking for you yet? Did they even care? You had absolutely no idea who the people who raised even were anymore and it made you sick to the stomach thinking that they could have kept something so big from you.

It was around three in the morning when you left your room deciding that it was impossible to fall asleep with such violent dreams and horrific thoughts. Making your way quietly to the kitchen, in order to get a glass of water, you saw that Tony was wondering around the room.

"Can't sleep either kid?" He questioned as you appeared at the sink. You shook your head. You watched the water flow from the tap and collect in your glass.

"Tony, where are my parents?" You asked nervously.

"I'm not sure, that's the worrying thing" He replied as you perched next to him on a bar stool placing your full glass of water on the counter. 

"They aren't good people, are they?" you questioned, already knowing the answer.

"No, they aren't. I am sorry Y/N, but I don't even think they are your real parents. I really didn't want to tell you this, but I think they were using you as cover" Your heart sank and you tried to hold back to tears.

"But they are all I have. I can remember them always being in my life".

"I found that they adopted you when your six months old, that's what the records show at least".

"I don't believe that".

"I am sorry kid, but it's the truth. I was waiting to tell you, I just didn't know how. Life is a shitty thing and all I can say is I'm sorry" He placed a hand on your shoulder.

"They are all I have" You sobbed.

"They didn't deserve you but for what its worth you have us now, the team. I promise I will look out for you. I know it's not the same" You reached for Tony who accepted and you hugged him tightly while crying in to his chest. He sighed and placed a hand on your head and began to stoke your hair. "You can stay here for as long as you need too".

You finally let him go and rubbed the tears away from your eyes.

"I'm sorry" You apologised.

"No need to be sorry Y/N, its perfectly understandable" And with that statement he left you alone in the dimly lit kitchen and with the silence which ironically seemed so loud.