Chapter 24

You waited for what seemed like eternity strapped in a hospital bed,  but eventually Loki did arrive

"About time" You said. He gave you a sorry look.

Hello Little One.

He placed his hand on your head stroking your hair. "The team want me to look further in to your mind, but I won't do it if you do not want me too".

"Do it" You told him, you needed to know what Wanda had reacted too. He sighed heavily as you felt him enter your mind. After a couple of minutes he pulled away from you shocked.

"How old are you Y/N?" You were confused by the question, he knew old you were, all the Avengers did.

"(Your age)" You reply.

"I don't think you are; your memories go back further than that".

"No they don't, I can remember my life, growing up, birthdays and Christmas, the first day of school, holidays" You listed off the most memorable things in your life.

"You've never been sick, have you?" He asked. You never had thought about that before. Desperately, you tired to think of a moment in you life when you had been Ill, nothing. No colds or temperatures. You had never thrown up or even had a runny nose.

"Or broken a bone? In fact no injury has come to you. Even when you should have been hurt by the explosion caused by the Avengers when they found you" That was true, you were blown half way across the room. No burns or bruises. You slid across broken glass and yet no visible mark appeared on your body, you had woken up completely fine.

"I... I don't understand" You were frightened, nothing made sense.

"Y/N" Loki took your hand. "From what it seems you are around a hundred years old. You have memories which have been blocked from you, they were very hard to find. I could try and restore them" He genially looked sad for you, like he shared your pain.

"But I remember my life" You told him.

"No" He said softly "You remember a fake one" His words were soft and quite almost as if he was delivering news of someone's death. Although it did feel like someone had died, you.

"I don't get it, so what I remember isn't real?" He nodded. Everything about you was a lie. "I don't know if I want my memories back, what if they are horrible" Loki was tense, he had seen them and they were more like nightmares rather than memories , but he couldn't make that decision for you. As much as it was going to hurt you, it was your choice.

"That is up to you" His grip tightened on your hand.

"I suppose I owe it to Wanda... to the team". 

"This is going to hurt.... A lot" He warned you and it did.

Memory after memory flooded your brain, every time a new one entered it was like someone had shot you in the head. Tears streaked your face at the immense torture you were enduring. Your body began to almost reboot itself, shutting down for a brief moment. Then silence, everything had come to a sudden stop and your eyes flickered open.

"Oh my god" Were the only words you could say.