Chapter 25

"Loki

"Loki... I-I-I remember everything" You bought your knees up to your chest and buried your head, you couldn't bare to make eye contact with him, not after what you just saw. He had unshackled you from bed allowing you to cover your face with your arms. Silent tears rolled. "I don't think I belong here, in a tower full of hero's" You admitted. What you had done was shameful and horrific. All the experiments you had overseen at hydra.

Yes, you did not know what you were doing but you still watched people being tortured and even some die. You knew who your acting parents were and what they did too you too. Your past was messy.

Hydra had recruited you twenty years ago, before that you travelled the world not settling in one place, not belonging anywhere for eighty years. You kept yourself to yourself, never aging and never dying. After Hydra found you they roped you in to overwatch what you thought to have been volunteers being tested on, but they weren't volunteers. After finding out the majority of the people involved in hydras experiments were being held against there will you wanted to leave.

They couldn't let you just walk away and so tried to kill you for the knowledge you had. Nemours attempts on your life were made, each one more painful than the last but you couldn't die. That is how you got access to the majority of your powers, through various ways of supposed life ending techniques. You supposed they had always been there, lying dormant. When Hydra gave up trying to kill you they wiped your memory planting false life in your mind. Agent Oslo Lebedev and Agent Mary Johnson made sure that they kept you from ever being exposed to the life you had before.

It was there fault you were the person you were today. Lying and manipulating your mind for their own gain. Then you remembered Wanda, she was the last person you watch being tortured. After you found out the truth they forced you watch Wanda being experimented on, telling you this was your fate if you did not comply with them.  

The memories were so horrific you started to gag. Rushing to the side of your bed reaching you threw up over the floor before passing out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N" your head was still spinning when you awoke. You were back in your own room now, Tony standing above you. "Y/Ns awake" Tony shouted down the hall. Loki was the first one to appear by your side much to Tony's annoyance.

"Y/N it's alright, I told them what I saw, I told them of your innocents" Nat, Steve and Bucky entered your room.

"Its not alright. I was too much of a coward to save Wanda. I watched her suffer" Your voice croaked.

"No its not your fault Y/N" Tony knelt by your bed.

"It is, I was so stupid not to see through Hydras plans and I wasn't strong enough to break free of their brainwashing".

"Doll, don't think like that. I know what its like to be brainwashed by them, I couldn't break free without help either, I don't think anyone could" Bucky spoke from personal experience which calmed you. He had been brainwashed by Hydra too, the same exact process.

 "Wanda knows now too, she is no longer mad, she understands" This was music to your ears , although you could never truly forgive yourself.