Chapter 11: the truth

*long and content heavy chapter*

Jimin pov

"jjmin?..jimin" i felt her shake my arms. My eyes slowly opened but my head was throbbing. I massaged my temples and blinked again, to make sure I was still alive. The last I remembered was Rosé's father dripping something onto the floor and I saw the underworld's elders chasing after chaeyoung.

"W-where am I?" I stuttered. "Is this heaven?"

"Silly! You're here good and living in my bedroom. Glad you're awake" She said with a beaming smile and played with my hair.

"But what happened?"

"Basically you went crazy over some substance my appa dripped onto the floor and turned into a lunatic"

"Oh..." dang it, did my vampire form show itself?
"So you know-"

"Yes I know" she leaned closer ain't humans supposed to be scared of us?

"But-" I wanted to ask but she pressed her fingers on my lips "shh it doesn't matter, I'm not freaking out cos I've seen them on earth myself before"

Flashback<<
Third person pov

"So what?do we kill it now?" Darkar said.

(darkar: past leader of the vampires - jimin's grandfather)

"No sire, we cannot kill it. It is still a half vampire after all, and furthermore shares the royal bloodline. You'll be punished by the elders if you do" the senior adviser,jin young said.

"Ugghh! How irritating!" Darkar rubbed his temples as he stared at 3 year old chaeyoung.

"Don't worry sir. Once she is old enough, we will be able to dry her out of her delicious diamond blood!and get rid of her" jin young reassured and tapped his back.

"I'll be back for you little half human" darkar smirked and slapped her cheeks.

"Ouch! Who are you?" Young chaeyoung asked and chased after the two guys.

"Vampires"

End of flashback

Wait what? Grandpa was here before? This made me even more curious about chaeyoung's background. What was she? Why was she already being targeted when she still a toddler?

My mind went wild with all sorts of questions when her Dad suddenly walked into the room.

"Im afraid we need to talk, young man" he said in a firm tone.

At the cafe
Jimin pov

He ordered a cup of latte before we settled down at a quiet corner.

"I know what you are" he started "and I hope you can leave my daughter out of this feud between her mother and the underworld" he sipped his coffee.

I was extremely puzzled. It's not everyday a human comes up to you and says something like that."first of all, how would you know that I'm a vampire? And what feud?"

"Simple. That vial of substance is what forces your kind to reveal your true self. I always carried it with me ever since the day Rosie was born" he sighed. "So what were you sent down to earth for?"

"To kill her" he looked up. "But I can't. I just couldn't. I..I..l-like her" his eyes widened and fear was written all over his face.

"Why? Why has it got to my chaeyoung!" He whined and face palmed himself as he shook his head in disagreement. "Please..I beg you. Leave her and never return"

My heart sank to pit bottom. Why is he doing this to me? Does he hate me so much just because I'm not a human? "So you're opposing our relationship just because I'm a vampire?"I asked in slight frustration.

"No..it's not that..I don't want history to repeat itself" then he gulped.

"Her mother was a vampire. She made a mistake of loving me and ended up getting killed by your elders. All she did was love, but they couldn't understand it"

Woah hold up. So chaeyoung is half vampire? What the heck! I always thought human films were dramatising everything but to think that it actually happened to my own family-

I was still paralysed with shock when he said "I believe they want her diamond blood and life to take revenge"

So this was why I was sent down here. To settle a decade long feud between the mortals and vampires. And who knows I'll be falling for the very person I was supposed to kill.all this shit was so f*cked up.

"So please, leave chaeyoung. It's for her and your own safety" I looked down and rubbed my sweaty palms together.

I haven't felt so bad in a long while. But I knew it was to keep her safe so I won't be the selfish jerk I was for the past 20 years. Life wasn't always just about what I wanted. Then my vision got blurry and I touched my eyes, am I crying?

But only a drop of tear fell, and I told myself ok jimin you still have ruthlessness in you, so get yourself together and do something right for once.

End

Ps: sorry for the slightly late update :I