Seventeen

17

The next day at school, Emma finds her mind wandering away throughout the day. By the time lunch comes around, she remembers nothing that has taken place during the morning. She sat with her friends at the lunch table outside enjoying what was left of fall with the crisp wind swept around her. She shivered slightly wrapping her jacket closer around her before two muscular arms replaced them. A new kind of shiver spreads through her as her back settled against a warm chest.

"Hi." The warm breath brushed against her ear, making her smile wide.

"Hi," she replied, turning her head to find his warm lips with hers.

"How is your day going?" he asks, still holding her flush against his chest.

"I'm having a hard time concentrating," she confesses, leaning her head against his chest.

"You want to ditch?" he asks with a chuckle.

"That would be great actually," she answers, taking him by surprise.

"Wait, really?" he asks. She nods her head in response, making him laugh and shaking his head before grabbing her hand and pulling her from the rest of the group. "Let's go then."

Emma jumps into the car with a laugh before Jake whips out of the school parking lot. Once they are a good way away, she turns and looks at him.

"What?" he chuckles.

"You know exactly what I need."

"It is my job to know what you need." He grins at her. She leans over the seat and kisses his cheek. "And it is your job to do that," he says with a laugh making her blush.

"Jake?" she says after a few minutes of silence.

"Hum?" he asks, glancing over at her.

"Can you teach me to drive?" she asks quietly.

He glances at her quickly raising his brow, "Seriously?"

She shrugs her shoulders. "There was never an actual need for me to learn. We lived in the city, few people drove around."

He is quiet for a moment before slowing down and pulling onto one of the side roads and coming to a stop on the side. "Okay, first, other than you, this is my baby," he says, stroking the steering wheel. She rolls her eyes at him. "Second, do you know the basics?"

"Yeah, that's the brake, that's the gas, that's the wheel, and that's the gearshift," she points to each thing in turn.

"Good. Now, what are the gauges?" she leans over and looks at each one.

"Um, that is the speed," she scrunches her brows and leans further over him, placing her hands on either side of his legs. Jake groans, leaning up to kiss her exposed neck. "Jake," she whines, but doesn't pull away from him. He smiles against her skin as he rubs his hands over her arms down to her waist. Easily, he pulls her over the console in the middle and into his lap with her legs over him. She squeals and settles herself on his lap wrapping her arms around his neck. "This is not what was supposed to happen."

"No, maybe you shouldn't be so sexy and it wouldn't have happened." he leans up kissing where her neck meets her shoulder. She moans and leans her head back giving him more access to her tender skin. She tugs at his shirt, running her fingers over his hard muscles, which tense at her soft touch. His lips move lower to the small cleavage exposed by her slightly low-cut shirt making her move her hands to his long hair, digging her nails into his scalp.