Eight

8

Jake and Emma sat on the bench hand in hand letting the fresh breeze blow through the gazebo. Emma had never had a boyfriend before. She didn't know what to do. She also could not stop smiling.

"I don't think I have ever seen you smile so much." Jake laughs.

"I'm happy. But," she starts but Jake cuts her off.

"No, no buts, don't ruin it." He laughs pulling her into his lap.

"No, it's nothing bad." She hits his chest. "It's just, I've never had a, you know, boyfriend. I do not know what to do." She confesses.

"You don't have to do anything, Em."

"Sure I do. I mean girlfriends are supposed to, I don't know, do stuff but I don't know what to do."

He laughs, "Like what? What are girlfriends supposed to do?"

"I don't know! That's the problem, I don't know."

"I still can't believe you've never had a boyfriend."

"Well, I had one in second grade. His name was Blue Blake, and he was the hottest guy in elementary school." She says proudly.

"Blue, huh? What the hell kind of name is Blue?"

"His parents were those free-spirited kinds."

"I can tell. He sounds like a real catch. I can't believe you let him get away." He jokes.

"I know, I really missed out on that one." Jake wrapped his arm around her and tickled her sides, making her squirm, trying to get away from him. Finding her chance when he loses his grip and jumps and runs across the gazebo with him close behind her. He grabs her arm and spins her back into his chest.

She looks up at him feeling herself melt into his arms. He stares down at her looking into her eyes before his eyes dip down to her lips. Feeling braver than she's ever felt before, she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Would you kiss me already?" She says feeling her heart leap into her throat at just the thought of it.

Faster than she thought possible, he crashed his lips onto hers sending her head spinning at the sudden sensations that flow through her body. His lips were soft against hers, moving slowly, savoring every moment. She stood up on her toes, leaning closer into his body as she wrapped her arms tighter around his neck. She never felt so many sparks go off at once as they did when his tongue brushed against her bottom lip, causing her to gasp and his tongue slipped inside her mouth. She moaned as he took his time exploring the inside of her mouth, not leaving a single corner unexplored.

His arms tightened around her small waist picking her up and wrapping her legs around his waist. He took slow steps back to the bench where he sat down taking her with him. When he finally pulled away, they both gasped for air. "Wow." She breathes out letting her heartbeat wild against her ribs. His eyes closed as he leaned his head against hers.

"Yeah, wow." He repeated back to her.

"I didn't know it would be that good." She said leaning further into him.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"Well, that was my first kiss." She said blushing.

"What?!" He jerked back. "Your first one! If I had known that I would have made it better, more romantic." Emma giggles, leaning down to kiss him again.