Chapter 4; Claire Curvel

Start from the beginning

I glanced at Rick, but kept following Shane and T-Dog. Either way it has to die. I don't think Hershel would mind much. I'm only tagging along to see how far I'm going to have to run at night to get into the woods. I hate to admit it but I did have an interior motive.

Rick came sprinting over as we jogged towards the walker, breathing heavily. Shane grunted as he jogged on his hurt ankle. "Told you to take it easy," I pointed out as I jogged behind him.

"Shut up sunshine."

I rolled my eyes; staying behind him to make sure he didn't fall over. Stupid. Sure I was sore as hell, but I wasn't trying to push it on a sprained ankle like this idiot, I was taking it slow. As we got closer I could see the blood around the walkers mouth and all the dirt over it. Gross. It even had a string of dead no brainer ears around it's neck. As if before it died, it wanted to dress up as a no brainer.

Rick raised his gun, tilting his head in surprise. His finger stayed on the trigger, but never moved to shoot his weapon. We stopped a few feet away from it, me stopping a little more behind. Dealing with no brainers is something I'd rather not do up close unless it's a life or death situation. Not after the ordeal I had earlier once again playing in my head. Plus that no brainer just looked super dirty. The thing looked to Rick, squinting it's eyes.

"Is that Daryl?" Glenn asked.

He walked forward. "That's the third time you pointed that thing at my head," He spoke. So he isn't a walker. What the fuck happened to him then. "You gonna pull the trigger or what?"

Everyone seemed to calm down, lowering their weapons. "What happened to you?" I questioned, my face heating up as I realized I didn't even know this man and I was already questioning him. His squinted eyes averted towards me, making me want to shrink away.

I shrieked as a gun shot went off, the man Daryl flying to the ground. "No!" Rick screamed. Shane turned around horrified. I clasped my hands over my mouth, my eyes widening as Rick, T-Dog, Glenn, and Shane crowded around the guy.

"Is he dead?!" I asked terrified.

"No! No!" Rick continued to shout.

"Rick!" I heard a scream coming from the farm house. "Claire! Claire come here!" Someone else screamed.

I turned to my side, not sure what to do. I wanted to run back to the farmhouse in fear, but I hardly knew any of these people. I've only been here 3 days and I didn't like how Hershel's family seemed to be too worried about me. I can survive on my damn on.

Rick turned the mans head, letting me see there was only a graze from the bullet whizzing past him luckily. He pulled him up with the help of Shane. "I was kidding," the man complained breathlessly.

"Come on," Rick mumbled, letting the guy lean on him.

"Sunshine, help us out here!" Shane hinted.

I rushed over, squeezing in between Shane and the guy, barely noticing the look Glenn shot my way. The look Glenn have looked like he wanted to object to the idea of me helping; maybe because I was injured. I almost fell as he put all his weight onto Rick and I, but Shane slung the rest of the guys arm on his shoulder which relieved me a little.

"Oh my god!" Andrea shouted. "Is he dead?"

I turned to her direction, finding her and Dale spriniting towards us.

"He told you not to shoot!" I spat towards her.

We dragged the guy along with us as we headed to the house. "Unconscious, you just grazed him," Rick grunted out.

"But look at him," Glenn put in, pointing toward the string of walker ears. "What the hell happened? He's wearing ears!"

Rick looked towards the crowd of people outside. I gritted my teeth, my broken left wrist killing me as I held this guy up. "Let's keep that to ourselves," Rick warned yanking the string off and throwing it down.