ᴘᴀʀᴛ 46

Beginne am Anfang

"Where...plan on going..."

"Where do you think?"

"You wouldn't dare...be quiet. The boy's probably still..."

"I would dare...now quickly we must..."

Your mother pops her head in the parlor, straightening her skirt when she notices Draco's still in the room, "Y/N, please pack, and Draco. I don't see why there's a reason you're still here."

She smiles sweetly, but her voice is threatening. She then turns her heel, clicking her shoes as she walks up the grand staircase. Father storms past the parlor glass door fuming, but there's no winning against Mother.

"I should get going."

Draco grabbing your full attention now towers over you. Has he gotten taller? No, that can't be. It's just been a while, that's all.

"That's all you have to say?" You scoff, standing up from the couch.

"Well, what would you like to hear then?" He sneers with a harsh glare.

"We can't yell in front of my parents," you grab his hand, pulling him out of the parlor.

"I can't go up, Y/N. I have to go, and I'm not going up. Not with you parents all-"

"You have no excuses," You snap, dragging him towards the staircase.

He glares with his clenched jaw. You keep your eyes on his lips. You didn't want to look him in the eye. You were too afraid to become disappointed.

You slip Draco up to your room, not that it was difficult, locking the door behind him. With your wand, you begin muttering spells; clothes, and other items into spare trunks.

"Look, I'm sorry," Draco says bluntly, sitting on your bed.

"Are you really? Because you don't seem sorry at all," you seethe, feeling more and more angry as Draco's presence in your bedroom lengthens.

"I am ok, I'm sorry I had to go," he says with little to no interest, staring at the floating clothes that fold themselves perfectly in your trunks. 

"That's all you're sorry for?" you bite your cheek from the offense of his unsympathetic apology, glaring at him.

"I can't reply to your mail Y/N, and I would stop sending them too. I bet my father's reading them," Draco's voice sounds small now. He clenches his jaw again. Probably realizing his mistake of the pitiful apology. He grabs your hand, pulling you away from your desk, you shake it off.

"I just don't understand how-" you had so much to say but you couldn't think of the right words. It was strange type of angry.  

A knock interrupts the precious moment, "Y/N, dear, have you finished? It's time we get going." Your mother calls from the other side of the door.

"Almost done," you shout back, glaring back at Draco with profuse resentment.

If he leaves-

"Y/N-" he looks sorry now.

"Just go," you close your eyes impatiently, holding back pooling tears that sprang out of nowhere. A tiny small part of you wanted so badly for Draco to stay.

When you open your eyes, he's gone. You stare at the empty spot he had been standing in with disbelief. You hadn't heard him apparate, but maybe you tuned it out knowingly. Maybe you chose not to hear it because you wanted to convince yourself he wouldn't leave you again.

Bullshit.

Even more resentful now, you whirl your door open, slamming right into your mother.