2.8

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked as Luke and I walked around the aisles of Target.

"Well we could go out and eat or we could cook something." Luke smiled.

We had just gotten back from Luke's apartment. He grabbed the things he needed for our little beach day along with some clothes that he would leave at my place.

"I kinda wanna make some pasta," I spoke. I had been craving some homemade pasta for some time. I wasn't going to make everything from scratch like the actual spaghetti noodles, but my mom taught me how to make this amazing pasta sauce. I haven't had much time to make it since Luke and I were going out getting ready for college, meeting new people, and going to the occasional parties.

"Ok." He said as he pushed the cart over to one of the aisles and grabbed some things off of the shelves,"I'm gonna have to get a toothbrush and some other stuff while we're here too."

"That's fine," I spoke as I pulled out my phone to see a text from one of my friends I had met through Louis. Her name was Shayaa. I met her at Louis' place once. She went to the same high school and they became close at some point.

"Hey Sam, how's your morning?" 

"Hey besties, I'm good hbu :)"

"I'm doing good, I'm with Emmi right now and I think Cosmo's coming over later. I was just wondering if you had any plans today? We NEED to hang out before school starts."

"I'm actually with Luke right now and we have plans for today but I'm free tomorrow."

"Ok! We should make plans! I'll stop bothering you now though so go out and have fun with Luke. Tell him I say hi."

"Will do! Tell Emmi and Cosmo I say hi as well."

"👍"

I put my phone into my pocket and realized that I still haven't heard from Carly. We were drifting at this point, and I mean drifting fast. We had talked maybe twice on FaceTime since we had both gone our own ways.

It was sad since she was my so-called best friend but I was just glad that she was happy doing her own thing and I didn't want to get in the middle of that. Besides, I had so many things going on. I was starting school soon, I was now Luke's girlfriend, and I was making friends and starting my own adult life.

"Shayaa says hi," I said as I looked up to see that I was alone in a random aisle.

"Luke?" I spoke as I looked around to find him.

I walked over a few aisles and I saw Luke standing looking at candy.

Once he saw that I had found him, he grabbed a bunch of candy, threw it in the car, and ran.

"Luke where are you going you dumbass?!" I yelled as I rolled my eyes, "you're gonna get us kicked out of Target."

I stopped walking when I realized that I had lost Luke. I stood where I was and decided to leave the car and grab the ingredients we needed for the pasta sauce.

I walked around looking for the ingredients that I needed.

I needed to get a red onion, some garlic, 1 can of tomato paste, and some dried basil since I only had some fresh basil. The rest of the things I needed were at home.

As I walked back over to the cart, I saw Luke standing there with some toiletries and a gigantic bunny stuffed animal.

"Did you get what we need for the pasta?" He asked as he placed the toiletries into the cart.

"Yeah, I think we got everything."

"Can we get this?" He smiled as he lifted the bunny and gave me puppy dog eyes.

"Fine," I said as I bit my lip a little to hold back my smile.

He put the bunny in the cart and ran over and hugged me.

"Ready to check out?" I asked.

Luke just nodded as we walked over to the self-checkout.

Luke insisted on paying for the groceries once again but I refused to let him pay so I quickly shoved my card into the card reader while Luke was forced to stand there and do nothing.

"So, what are you gonna name your bunny?" Luke asked as he took the bags from the little counter by the self check out scanners and started heading over toward the doors.

"What do you mean my bunny, you wanted it." I laughed.

"Well you paid for it, and I was going to leave it at your place anyways." He replied.

"Well, it can be our bunny, and we should come up with a name together."

"I like that idea."

"I think we should give the bunny a gender-fluid name."

"Ok, how about Finley?" Luke smiled.

"Sure, Finley's cute," I said as I took one of Luke's free hands and intertwined it with my own as we headed over to the car.

Once we got to the car, we put the groceries in the back along with Finley and we got in.

We decided to drive over to my house, drop off Luke's clothes and unload the groceries and then go to the beach and then come back and make food so that's what we did.

We were at the beach for around 3 hours. The cold Lake Michigan water cooled us off as we swam and just had fun overall at the beach. 

Once we got tired and hungry, we headed back over to my place.

A/N:
I'm sorry this chapter was bad it was a filler chapter.
ALSO WE HIT 1 K READS!!
THANK YOU ILYYY