🧠

Addison ran into Merediths room "your AWAKE ?" Addison breathed a huge sigh of relief and fell to her knees crying she had never been so relieved . Everyone left the room so it was just Addison and Meredith " Addie ?" Merediths voice was scratchy and laboured because she was intubated for so long " yes mer ?" " I'm sorry for scaring you with the 911 page I just wanted you , you make me feel safe"

Addison sat down held Merediths hand and began talking it was a speech she had prepared and said to herself hundreds of times to build up the courage to actually say it to Meredith " mer I'm about to say something I need you to know okay ?" Meredith nodded " Meredith you give me butterflies when I'm around you and when you were injured I was broken I need you Meredith I can't breathe without you ,you are beautiful . I'm not going to wait anymore to ask you this because you nearly died and I need you, would you maybe like to go on a date with me sometime - only if you want to"

Meredith looked Addison in the eye and squeezed her hand and nodded " I would love to but what about d- Derek ?" " mer he's been missing since you came in the police are still looking for him but so far there's no trace" " oh ok"

———————————————————————————
(Sorry for time jump )

It had been a month since Meredith woke up and she was finally allowed out of hospital .No one knew what Addison told Meredith except Amelia . " good morning Grey good news you can go home today no work or anything physical for a week . Do you need a lift home ?" It was Bailey " no thanks Bailey Addies bringing everything home I'll be ok "

"Mer do you mind if we pop round to my house for a few minutes" "oooo I finally get to see your house" Meredith replied smirking . When they pulled up to Addison's house Addison helped Meredith out of the car and led her to the front door and when she opened it there was a trail of rose petals leading to a beautifully laid table " how about that date mer ?" .