Chapter 20

Ashley's POV

Staring with wide eyes at the folded up piece of paper i could feel my stomach flipping over i didn't think Emily wanted to talk to me anymore because she was totally blanking me. Sitting there i thought to my self this cant be good. by this point my heart was practically jumping out of my chest from where i was so scared to turn the paper round to see what was wrote on it but i knew i had to read it, i mean it could be really important so I toke one big deep breath and unfolded the piece of paper.

To Ashley

I'm really sorry that I haven't seen you in ages or even talked to you, I just don't know what to do anymore. Ashley I really do love you and, well, it's pretty obvious that you don't feel the same. I mean yeah the kiss in the bathroom a while ago was great, it was the best feeling I've ever had but since you haven't made any attempt at seeing me since I figure you don't like me in the same way. I mean hell you're probably embarrassed and hate me but I just wanted to write this letter to tell you that I certainly don't hate you. I love you so much that it's painful to not see you but it's excruciating when I'm around you. I just can't do it. I'm so sorry and even though it hurts to be around you I'm always here if needed. I love you Ashley, and I think I always will. Just know you're not alone.

I just stood there and stared at the letter. I had to read it twice to fully get what she was saying into my head. Not being able to understand why she couldn't just say it in person but i was so happy to know that she was still there for me if i needed her. How could i have been so stupid though? shes perfect, i really love her to and finally some one i loved felt the same way about me and if i wasn't so stupid i would be with her now. I cant do anything right.

Quickly stuffing the note in my pocket tears sprang to my eyes as I practically ran out of school. I needed to find her and tell her how I actually felt, to stop her hurting. But more pressing was the fact that I needed to cut. The urges were worse than ever since I now knew that I had caused someone great emotional pain. And it was all for nothing as I did love her, I just didn't want to hurt her and bring her down with all of my problems. However it looked like it would be better for both of us if we were just together.