Chapter 17

I met her eyes just as she tentatively put her soft, warm lips on mine. Just the feeling of them made me feel so much better and for a couple of carefree moments I kissed her back deeply. Pulling each other closer I felt her hot tongue caress my bottom lip and suddenly my brain switched back on. I pulled away slowly but firmly and while taking a step or so back I remember not to get too close to her. I didn't want to put all my problems on her, besides I didn't know anything about being in a relationship.

She just stared at me making no sound apart from the odd deep breath every now and again. I could see so much confusion in her eyes but then she probably saw that confusion in me as well. I didn't know who I really was, life really was getting too much. "I can't do this." I said breaking the silence.

"What do you mean?" at this second I saw tears welling up in her eyes.

"It's too much, I can't do it anymore." I replied with a hint of anger in my voice.

I watched as she stood there processing what I meant as silent tears rolled down her cheeks, smudging her make up across her flawless face. Still neither me or her moved or made a sound, we were statues cast in solid stone. Not being able to look at her any more I dropped my gaze and turned around, heading for the door. I could just find another bathroom.

I had my hand grasped around the handle when suddenly I felt clammy hands on my arm, trying to pull me back. This was when the pleading started, she kept saying that she would help me get through this and that the only thing that mattered was loving each other. Still refusing to turn around I tried to pull away from her again but she still pulled me back, this time wrapping her arms tightly around my neck promising to never let me go. Squirming I tried to release myself from her arms but she wouldn't let me go no matter how hard I tried. Her warm touch began to win me over. Finally I had to acknowledge that I wanted to be with her.