Chapter 7

The rest of the day was normal enough, I didn't see the new girl again which I was kind of relieved and sad about,but I did see a lot Leo, Max, Jason and Adam. This was the gang I had hoped to avoid but sadly since it was Monday I had almost every class with them. They kept on and on at me about cutting, it was really pissing me off. I knew the best thing to do was to ignore them but what happened in last period made that impossible.

I walked into last period- History shuffling my shoes and staring at the ground. This was by far the worst lesson for a couple of reasons.

1) I hated History with a passion

2) Ms Brooks was so boring she made a knitting workshop seem like the most exciting thing in the world

3) She was also half deaf and pretty much ignored what the class was doing

4) We had a seating plan and I just so happened to sit between Adam and Max.

So yeah, hell basically. I took my allocated seat, being careful not to trip on the feet stuck out for me, and tried to ignore the screwed up bits of spit covered paper balls which were hitting my head.

Half an hour later and I looked up at the clock looming over us. I had got through half of the lesson fine, I just had to survive the other half. Here's where i got careless. English weather is bizarre, it can never make it's mind up. So unlike this morning the sun was blazing down into the class room. This class room just happened to be at the top of the school and it's walls were at least 50% window. This ment it was like a greenhouse. I just had to take my jumper off, it youth it would pass out if ididnt.

I knew I shouldve kept it on, so what if I was a little hot. I took it off and did the best I could to hide my arm but as you can imagine the boys were quite observant considering how how small the brains were.

"oi Ashely what's that on your arm?" max said jolting my arm painfully out from under the desk. Before I had time to reply Adam had taken hold of my wrist and both boys were laughing. "you fucking cutter, this is discussing!" adam managed to blurt out between fits of laughter. I tried to pull away but hey were to strong and they kept yanking my arm back and forth calling me every name under the sun. The more the laughed the redder I got and tears were starting to brim over, everything they were saying felt true.

I couldn't take it anymore. Word had gone around the class that I was a cutter within a minute and everyone was either staring or laughing at me soon the whole school would know what a piece of shit ideally was. Tears were rolling down my cheeks s I finely pulled free and ran to the girls toilets just before the bell went for the nd of the day. Staring at my sad reflection in the dirty cracked mirror I knew just just what I was about to do....