Chapter 19

Weeks later and Ashely and Emily hadn't spoken to each other since the incident in the bathroom, and it was wearing them both down. Ashley now couldn't go a night without cutting and Emily was gradually becoming depressed and losing hope in whatever could've been between them. She was kind of grateful though because lots of GCSE exams were coming up and Emily was finding all the extra revision hard, she had no idea how she would've coped with the addition of a girlfriend. Ashely, on the other hand, was losing her grip on everything. Her grades had slipped drastically from a high quantity of A's to mostly C's in her mocks.

Ashley's POV

Everything was just the same day in day out- get up, cut, go to school, cut, get home, cut, go to bed and to be honest I was getting tired of it. By it I mean everything. I was running out of room fast. i'm just not able to controll myself, i need to cut all the time. It was like someone else was controlling me and there was nothing i could do about it. I just wanted to end it all so i wouldn't have to put up with this torture any more. And when i say end it i mean end it. I wanted to kill myself. lets face it no one would miss me its not as though i have any proper friends and my family never spend any time with me. There was just no point and no reason to stay around on this earth.

The shrill bell signalled the end of the day and I ran to my locker fast, eager to get home and cut again. The corridors were like rush hour on the motor way and just as I thought I had got away unscathed I bumped into Leo and his gang.

"Oi cutter watch where you're going" Adam shouted and everyone surrounding us sniggered and muttered. The bullying had got bad again, every day I was tormented and tortured and I quite frankly had had enough. I ran off crying again (I know I cry a lot, I'm just THAT stupid) needing it more than ever.

I climbed the messy, gum covered stairs and finally reached my locker. Pulling my stuff out I was about to slam the door shut and be on my way when a small, crumpled note fell out of one of my books to the floor. I bent to retrieve it, thinking it was a revision sheet or something when I saw the familiar loopy writing which could only belong to one person, and one person only. Emily.