Changing Jobs...

********************Riley's POV******************************

I was dreading today back at work. I sat in my car for a good ten minutes before I made my way inside. Olivia is going to hate me, Mr. Truelly is going to hate me, and there was a big meeting today.

"Morning Riley." The front desk staff said.

"Morning guys." I replied.

I jumped on the elevator and went up three flights. Olivia wasn't at her desk yet so I was good. I booked it to my office closing the door behind me.

"Morning Riley."

"Olivia!" I said as she scared me.

"Mrs. Truelly wants to see you.. and I kinda wanted to talk to you." She said.

"Olivia it's not what you think...It's not true. You need to read it yourself before you judge me on the article." I said.

"I actually wasn't going to say anything about it but now that you say something. Why did you have to lie to me?" She asked.

"I knew you'd freak out and make me quit the article."

"Honestly, Riley you've made him realize how important it is to find the one person you can trust and become your best friend. You've even made him grow up. He's learned to trust people again. Thank you." She said.

I couldn't believe she just told me all that. "Are you serious? Your not mad at me?"

"I haven't read the article yet so I guess we will just have to find out. You better run to Mrs. Truelly's now before the big meeting starts." She said.

"Thanks." I said as I made my way to her office.

I reached her door and took a deep breath before I entered.

"Riley, How nice of you too show up?" She said.

"Certainly. You wanted to see me?"

"Awe yes.. So I read the article.." She said before I cut her off.

"You hate it and I lied."

"Let me finish.. I read it and let me just say I'm rather shocked...Riley, you have proved me so much. I thought you would follow along and ruin the whole thing. I am very proud of you to what extent you did the article. You showed me what kind of writer you are. So with this I would like you to come to the executive meeting today and listen to what CEO might have in store for you. I also want to run your story as a cover story featuring you as the front page. I will have my photographer take you into her office and get you all ready for a shoot. You think you can do that?" She asked.

I was speechless for a while then I finally spoke. "Yes I can and would love too. I can't believe you liked it."

"We will run it for the December issue. It's the 8th of November which will give us lots of time to prepare." She said.

"I thought it was going into the November?" I asked.

"I pulled it out because I wanted a cover story." She said.

"What about November?" I asked.

"I pulled your eat healthy issue on Thanksgiving one." She said.

"Okay."

"Let's get to the confrence room now." She said opening the door for me.

"Awe.. I expect this would be Ms. Nixon." The tall handsome man with electric blue eyes said.

"Yes in deed." Mrs. Truelly said as she shook his hand.

"Ms. Riley Nixon." I said shaking his hand.