forty-seven

"Chris's birthday is coming up, right?" Giselle brought up after a long bout of silence as she, Andi and Klay hiked at Griffith Park. "Anything fun planned?"

Andi shrugged. "I don't know. He hasn't mentioned anything to me but maybe I should just talk to Scott and see if we can put something together."

"Do you have any gift ideas in mind?"

"A pocket pussy," she answered with a straight face, causing Giselle and Klay to burst into laughter.

"Seriously Andi? A pocket pussy?"

"That's the kind of gift you buy for your 16 year old brother, not your grown ass fiancé," Klay responded, still laughing.

"It's an inside joke," Andi shrugged. She decided against correcting fiancé to boyfriend, mostly due to the fact that Chris would be her fiancé again eventually so it wasn't that much of a stretch. "It's a gag gift. He'll think it's hilarious. Plus, he needs it now more than ever," she mumbled the last sentence under her breath.

"Why does he need a pocket pussy now more than ever?" Giselle pried.

"What?"

"She said: 'why does he need a pocket pussy now more than ever?'" Klay repeated. "If I was stuck in a house with my girl all day, I'd be fucking her multiple times a day. Everyday."

Andi rolled her eyes. "Thankfully that isn't something you'd have to worry about since your single ass doesn't have that option."

"Ouch."

"No really, what's going on with you and Chris?" Giselle asked seriously. "Are you not having sex?"

"No. In his mind we shouldn't-" She cut herself off and glanced at Klay.

He raised his hands in defense. "Hey, don't stop on my account. We're friends, Andi and besides, I'm a big boy."

"In his mind, we shouldn't have sex until my trust in him has been completely restored," Andi finished, sighing.

With every passing day, she was growing more and more frustrated with her and Chris's arrangement. She felt more like a flirty friend than she did his girlfriend and it was starting to bother her.

She wanted nothing more than for Chris to hold her and kiss her and make love to her. She wanted to wake up next to him every morning and cuddle with him all night long. But unfortunately those things had yet to happen for Andi, causing her needs to go unmet within their relationship.

With the end goal being her full and complete trust, she had no clue how long it would take before she and Chris could make love again. She still didn't trust him 100% but she also couldn't deal with their internal distance for much longer. She needed to physically feel his love.

"Refraining from sex was his idea?" Giselle asked for clarity.

"Yes."

"You own multiple vibrators. Take care of it yourself," Klay shrugged.

Andi let out a breath. "It's not the actual sex that I crave, it's the closeness... the intimacy... I want that back. I want him back."

Giselle slung an arm over her friend's shoulder as they continued walking at a fair pace. "I'm sorry, Andi."

"We still kiss and hug and touch but for some reason, he still feels far away."

"I'm sure he feels the same way, A," Klay assured. "You're both in a tough position. I think he's most likely wanting to make sure that your trust was earned through good old groveling. He doesn't want to feel like his dick was the thing that pushed you over the edge to forgiveness."