forty

It'd been just over two weeks since Chris and Andi last spoke and she was finally starting to get back into the groove of things. Rather than moping at home alone about how much she missed Chris, she expanded her quarantine bubble to include her ex-boyfriend, Klay.

Because of how much her house still reminded her of Chris, she'd been hopping between Klay and Giselle's respective homes day after day, only returning to her place to sleep.

Besides hanging out with her best friend most days, Andi was really enjoying being around Klay again. She experienced a sort of nostalgic feel every time they hung out and could hardly believe how much fun she was having. When they broke up, 8 months ago, she was so concerned about the fact that she didn't want to marry him that she almost forgot that they had a genuinely strong friendship above all else. He never failed to make her laugh and constantly went out of his way to make her feel loved - including renting an entire yacht for the day to keep her mind off of her lying ex-fiancé.

liked by klaythompson, GiselleSteinerMUA and 5,632,207 othersandrea_hathaway my friends, real friends, better than your friendsView all 609,274 commentsklaythompson BFFs  May 23, 2020

andrea_hathaway my friends, real friends, better than your friends
View all 609,274 comments
klaythompson BFFs
May 23, 2020

"I missed you," Klay spoke sincerely.

"Me too," Andi smiled. "I'm glad we're finally friends again. Real friends."

He lifted his hand to high-five her. "Best friends forever."

"I'm telling Giselle."

"Snitch," he playfully hit her leg before pulling her into a lazy side hug.

She rested her head on his shoulder and sighed as the thought of Chris popped into her mind again; a thought that occurred at least once every hour. "Can I ask you something?"

Klay looked down to find her smile had transformed into a frown. "Of course. Ask me anything."

"How hard was it to stay faithful to me?"

"It's not hard at all when you're in love. And I was in love with you."

"I thought so..."

"Did he cheat on you? I'll beat his ass."

"No, he didn't." She shook her head. "But do you really think I'd need any help beating his ass myself? I could easily render him unconscious AND break his arm in less than one minute."

"How did I forget you were an MMA master? I can't even count how many times I woke up with you holding me in a rear naked choke," he recalled with a grin, causing Andi to snort.

On the rare instances they were in the same city for more than 24 hours, she made a habit of waking him up by putting him in various Brazilian jiu jitsu chokeholds. She never actually applied pressure to the chokes, just held him in position until he woke up flailing.