thirty-five

Andi rolled her eyes as she rejected another one of Chris's calls, marking call number 5.

Sometime between leaving the airport and making it to Andi's house, Giselle was able to confirm with one hundred percent certainty that it was in fact Lily that was staying at Chris's home. It'd been about an hour since then, and Andi spent the majority of the time crying on her best friend's shoulder and ignoring her fiancé's calls.

Chris 🐶🍺
Are you okay? Your plane landed almost two hours ago and my calls haven't been going through.

Chris 🐶🍺
I love and miss you baby. Call me when you can. ❤️

"Chris again?" Giselle asked softly, looking down at Andi who was sprawled out in the couch, her head resting in her lap.

"I'm so angry and hurt that I can't even bring myself to talk to him."

"I completely understand why you feel that way," she nodded. "He betrayed your trust. Even now, he's blowing up your phone without any clue that you know about his fuck up."

"I wanna hear him out. I really do but..." Andi trailed off as she examined the engagement ring that she held between her thumb and forefinger. "No explanation will justify him lying to me 3 times... I mean even if he thought I was going to freak out, he still should've told me."

"I hear you. He was definitely wrong."

"Obviously I know I have to talk to him at some point but god, I just don't even want to hear his voice right now. I want to murder him."

"Take as much time as you need, Andi. It does neither of you any good to rush a conversation that is better to be had in person."

"I'm still going to break up with him," she shrugged. She'd made her mind up in the car and that decision was only solidified when Giselle confirmed who Chris's house guest was. Apparently Lily had been staying there since she and Chris left L.A. to go to Dallas.

Although she loved Chris with her entire heart, she couldn't tolerate the repetitive lies and omission of the truth. She couldn't date or marry someone she couldn't trust and unfortunately, Chris broke that trust completely.

"And you're sure that you won't regret that decision?"

She shrugged. "I don't know but Giselle, this isn't the first time he's done something like this. This is the THIRD time... if I keep giving him chances, he's going to keep taking advantage of my trust like he's been doing for months."

"Right, I see. I understand."

"Sometimes love isn't enough," she quoted. "Especially when the man you're supposed to marry is harboring another woman. A woman who is clearly in love with him, might I add."

"That's a fair assessment," Giselle laughed.

Rather than responding, Andi picked up the phone, that was resting on her stomach, and finally decided to return Chris's many calls.

"Hi baby! I miss you!" He answered on the first ring, as if he'd been waiting for her call. "Are you okay?"

"Is there anything need to tell me?" Andi asked, her voice calm.

"Uh...nothing springs to mind. Is there anything you want me to tell you?"

"Nothing at all?"

He let out a breath. "What did I do?"

"Who's staying at your house, Chris?" She questioned, her calmness starting to dissipate.

"A friend."

"Which friend?"

Chris sighed. "Do you really want to argue over the phone?"

"Answer. The. Fucking. Question."