forty-six

"You're not going to scare her Scott," Chris spoke surely as he sat at the dinner table with his brother.

Since joining him in L.A., he and Scott had made a game of hiding around the house and randomly scaring each other. They did it a fair bit in Boston as well and had both attempted it with Andi numerous times. No matter how many times they tried, she seemed to just know one of them were waiting for her in the dark and stood unmoving; Never so much as flinching when Chris or Scott finally jumped out to scare her.

It hadn't even been a minute since Andi excused herself from dinner to use the bathroom before Scott decided to attempt one last time. He hid behind the couch in the dimly lit living room, where Andi had to pass to return to the kitchen. Chris kept Dodger in between his legs, stroking the dog with his foot to prevent him from revealing Scott's hiding place.

After about minute or two of silence, Andi finally made her way down the stairs. When she reached the bottom, she stopped for a second before proceeding to the living room. She took two steps into the dark area and looked into the kitchen at Chris. "Are we really going to do this again? Grow up, boys."

Chris shrugged in response.

She rolled her eyes and kept walking. "I know you're behind the couch, Scott. I can see your reflection in the kitchen window."

He jumped up with a sigh and lowered his camera. "You're a robot."

"Oh I know," Andi replied as she returned to the table, with Scott following shortly behind. She sat right next to Chris while he sat directly across from her.

"She's too cool for me," Chris commented.

"DUH," she responded as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "You're not cool. Like AT ALL."

Scott laughed. "I missed you guys."

"You mean y'all?" Chris corrected teasingly, earning him a nudge from Andi. "I missed y'all is the correct wording, brother. Right, Cowgirl Andi?"

"I'll kill you," she threatened through gritted teeth. She picked up the knife she used earlier to butter her roll and pointed it at Chris's dick. "Or I can just cut that off."

He laughed and placed a soft kiss on Andi's lips. "I'm sorry. Please let me keep my dick."

She stroked her chin dramatically with one hand while the other still held the dull knife 6 inches away from his crotch. "Why should I?"

"Because it's useful. For us both."

"How is it useful for me? We haven't had sex in three weeks."

Scott choked on his water at the bluntness of her statement and patted his chest until he stopped coughing. He began gathering up the dinner plates as Chris and Andi started at each other intently, her hand not wavering. "I'll start cleaning up." And with that, he wondered off into the kitchen with Dodger following.

"How much do you trust me?" Chris asked.

"99.9%," Andi answered instantaneously. She placed the knife back on the table and took a sip of her water. "How much do you trust me?"

"110%."

"That's quite the discrepancy."

"Bummer. Until the discrepancy is zero, we can't have make love."

Now it was Andi's turn to choke and she practically spit out her water as her boyfriend watched, with an amused expression. "What?!"

Although she suggested that they should take things slow, she didn't have a set timeline for when they'd start pushing certain boundaries again and moving back into full relationship mode. However, she did assume that she and Chris would be back to their regular love making habits sooner rather than later due to their growing sexual frustrations. She didn't know how much longer she could hold out, especially after the talk they had about how rare and special their love making was.