23 [Masquerade]

"How?!" Was all I could say to this man in front of me, my mind must be playing some sort of trick on me.

"Kumiko, I know this is hard b-" Thatch spoke to me but I cut him off before he said anything else.

"Hard!? HARD!? You shouldn't be alive! I saw you I fucking found you dying in my arms! How!? Just how are you the fuck alive!!?" I yelled out not able to hold back my emotions out as I tried holding back my tears.

"When you found me, do you remember when you tried using your powers to save me?" Thatch spoke calmly to me as he slowly walked closer to me.

"Y-yes, I remember....." I said as I looked at the ground trying to hold back my tears.

I felt his hand under my chin gently making me look up at him, having the tears in my eyes silently fall as he stared into my blue eyes. That's when I broke down into soft sobs as he wrapped his arms around me holding me close to his body; it felt like an eternity since I felt his warm arms around me, to smell his scent once more.

"Your blood that you gave me let me give me the strength to heal myself from Teach's attack that night" Thatch explained to me as he held me in his arms.

"But, why? Why didn't you come back? Or tell any of us?" I asked still letting tears fall.

"I wanted to but, I thought it would be wrong to do so...." He said when he looked down at me when I glanced up at him.

"So why come for me now?" I asked when I wanted to know the answer.

He seem to hesitate for some reason which made my gut turn in a weird way not a nice weird but a worried way, he maybe Thatch but his mind seemed to be a bit out of it.

"Our guests shall be arriving shortly, you should return to your room" Thatch said as he seemed to break the hug from me as he crossed his arms behind his back.

"Guests?" I asked more confused than anything as I looked at him.

"For you're welcome home party, my love, I shall come for you once everyone is here" he said to me as he glanced at me caressing my cheek as he spoke with a small smile.

"O-okay" I spoke being unsure how to act around him really, since I didn't know how much he has changed.

I followed his orders as we both walked out of the ballroom and to the stairs having him watch me walk up the stairs and towards my room; the moment I closed the door an evil smirk crossed Thatch's face as he chuckled when he walked away from the stairs.

After ten island's from searching for Kumiko we still haven't found her on any of them, I was raging from all of this running around and finding nothing about her whereabouts; I was pacing back and forth on the deck trying to keep my temper down but the more I thought about what could have happened to her the more my blood boiled with rage knowing someone could be hurting her in any way mentally or.....physically.....I growled as my mind drifted to that thought, I was going to kill everyone who was involved with her being hurt.

"Kid" Killer spoke to me as he walked up behind me.

"WHAT!?" I yelled out when I turned to him.

"Look out spotted an island to our left, says there are some lights coming from it" Killer told me in his calm voice as he faced me.

I turned to my left standing next to the railing of the ship, taking out the scope to look at the island that looked dark from far away but the moment I looked at it, I saw lights coming from it; that island was said to be abandoned from years ago, I looked twice before making sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me and they weren't.