8 (Problems)

A warm breeze gently blew through the trees as the sun shined down on the white sandy beaches in the south blue. The people shopped and sold their things as people from other ships roamed around the area for supplies and for some fun in the sun, but not all had smiles and I was one of them; I roamed the streets of this town as I was looking around for something to eat for the day. I was maybe around sixteen back then, as I walked the streets I soon found my target it was a nice loaf of bread that was set out to be sold to someone with money; I smirked as I walked closer slowly looking around to see if someone would see me once I knew the coast was clear I took my chance and took the bread.

"Thief!!" the keeper screamed as I ran off as fast as my feet could carry me, I could hear the keeper was coming after me but I didn't look back or slowed down one bit, I ran passed plenty of people in the crowd trying to get away. I turned a sharp corner hiding behind some boxes as the keeper ran right pass me; I sighed in relief as I stood up and walked away from my hiding spot. Unknown to me were some people who saw me in the crowd and started following me.

It was about sunset when I returned to my hiding spot near the docks, as I walked through the docks I saw a new big ship that was docked here, it was a pretty cool design the front of in the shape of a big white whale; I kept glancing at it until I was getting closer to my hide out.

"Kumiko!" the sound of little voices screamed once I was in sight, I smiled more as I kneeled down seeing the little children I took care of; I found them on the streets and started caring for them, no one was nice to those who were on the streets that was one of the big reasons why I could never get a job around here to earn money to feed the children; so I had to steal for them.

"Were you guys good today?" I asked as they gathered around me as I smiled at them. "Yes!" they all said at the same time that made me giggle as their cuteness, I brought out the loaf of bread making their eyes sparkle as I broke off pieces for each one of them as they said their thanks and started eating the piece in their hands. My smile soon faded when I sensed someone behind me.

"Children inside now" I said in a whisper to them, they never asked questions knowing that tone in my voice. They scattered into the small little hut I made for them to live in, once I knew they were inside I turned around swinging my left leg behind me making contact with someone grabbing my ankle.

"Damn that was close" the voice said when he whistled a bit, I noticed two men behind him when I looked. One with a bored expression on his face, with blonde hair which reminded me of a pineapple for some reason; there was also a tattoo on his chest. The other one that stood beside him had black hair, freckles on his face as well as he wore a cowboy hat, shirtless with his jean shorts and with a small smile on his face. The one who had my ankle wore a white long sleeve shirt with white pants as well, with a yellow scarf as well; brown hair that was styled very interesting with a goatee and a scar above his left side of his face.

"Who the hell are you guys" I asked as I yanked my leg back from the man who was holding it as I starred daggers at them.

"Easy we're not here to hurt you or those kids, my name is Thatch and behind me is Marco and then Ace" the man named thatch said to me as he pointed at the men behind him you nodded their heads at me.

"What's your name?" he asked again as he crossed his arms a small bit.

"Kumiko Kago" I said bluntly as I glanced over my shoulder seeing the children peeking through the small holes in the hut as they watched me talk to them.

"Well, if you don't mind you'd you like to come to the ship? I can cook a good meal for you and the children and you can talk to pops as well" Thatch said as also glanced at the children with a warm smile on his face.