10 (Monster)

Kid was becoming more ruthless with each day that passed by, I watched him slaughter men from other ships without mercy; each night he would drink more than two mugs of rum, but what was scaring me the most were his eyes they were no longer the amber eyes that looked troubled they looked like a caged animal waiting to be released from its chains. The men also noticed the change in Kid just like I did, every night I could hear him and Killer arguing about how he was acting now.

I became scared to speak to him to even be near him, I was beginning to think that it was maybe wise if I did stay on the island they found me on; even the moments when we would make anchor on islands he would vanish for three days or more. I already knew where he was every day and night and that was maybe torturing a poor wench who had to deal with his twisted mind that just became more twisted by each day, I didn't know what to do.

I was up in my room at this moment in time pacing back and forth in my room worried as I thought of where Kid was tonight on the island we stopped at; I trembled when I just imagined his grin that was always filled with twisted intentions and his eyes filled with a sort of anger I have never seen before in my life. My thoughts ran back to when I confronted him about what was bothering him thinking that when I said nothing made him like this and it was eating him alive, oh but it was much more than just no words. A knock was heard from my door making me turn around and open it finding Heat at the door.

"What is it?" I asked with worry and confusion on my face as I opened it up the door more.

"Killer said that you should lock your door each night if not each day, we don't know what the captain will do" Heat said to me giving me a worried look himself as he noticed how I tensed up at those words.

"O-okay...." I spoke back softly as I glanced at the ground fearing what would happen if Heat never told me this from Killer.

"Try and get some sleep" Heat said as he turned to head for his look out on the deck tonight, I nodded my head softly as I closed the door and locked it.

My body trembled with the thought about Kid coming back and somehow coming to my room, I leaned my head against the door taking in a few breathes as I closed my eyes.

"What have I done?" I asked myself in a soft whisper as I pulled away from the door and started getting dressed for bed.

The sounds of footsteps and a door slamming brought me to wake up in the middle of the night, I heard the soft rain drops falling against the ship outside as soft thunder rumbles echoed through the sky. I could hear Kid in his room as he smashed another bottle on the ground that made me jump a bit.

"this has to stop" I said to myself as I got the guts to get up and unlock my door and open it as I slipped out from my room; as I stepped closer and closer to Kid's door I could hear faint grumbles coming from him knowing he was still awake I just prayed to whatever god was out there that he was too drunk to argue or do anything as I grab hold of the knob of the door.

"K-Kid?" I squeaked out softly as I opened his door slowly waiting for anything near me.

No one answered as I slipped into his room with only a candle to light up the room, his figure stood in the room close to his bed. His back was turned from me; I could see his tensed back muscles in the light since his fur coat was thrown across the room; I could see several empty or smashed bottles on the floor as I tried stepping on a clear path to him keeping my bare feet away from the shattered glass on the floor.

"Kid" I spoke again in a gentle tone as I came closer to him wanting him to say something.

Still nothing came from him only the sounds of his breathing was heard from him; my hand slowly stretched out towards him, I was only an inch away but once the tip of my finger touched his skin things changed faster than I thought.