13 (Live With No Regrets)

I couldn't believe my eyes I see Ace standing in front of me, right in front of me; I had to blink a few times to make sure that it was him; I rushed over to hug him but the moment I tried wrapping my arms around him I suddenly went straight through him letting my body fall on my knees as my blue eyes widen in shock and in harsh reality that nothing or no one could bring back the dead let alone survive an injury like Ace did during the war.

The thoughts within my head were cut when I felt a slight pressure on my shoulder which made me turn my head to look back up at Ace who looked down at me with a sad look knowing the hard truth just like me.

"H-how are you h-here?" I asked with a shaky voice as I glanced at him feeling the water building in my eyes already.

"To be honest, I don't know myself" Ace said to me as he sat beside me crossing his legs as he sat down.

"Life been good?" Ace asked me when he looked over at me with his goofy grin trying to lighten the mood around us.

"What life?" I asked in a sarcastic remark as I glanced down at my hands.

The smile on Ace's face slowly faded with what I said to his questions, he could tell by the look on my face that I have been miserable after the war and after these past few months.

"you still have a life, you shouldn't be stuck in the past you need to move on and find a good enough life" Ace said to me when he was becoming serious about these things.

"The good life I had was taken from me by the fucking Marine's and by FUCKING BLACKBEARD!!!" I said to him as I stood up waving my arms in the air as I look at him.

"I know you're hurting but not letting people in is hurting you more than helping you, I've been down that path before....than Luffy came along changing everything" Ace said to me as he glanced out to the ocean with a warm small smile on his face remembering those memories.

I also glanced out at the ocean as well, letting the sea breeze blow by us as we stayed there in silent letting time pass a small bit.

"Tell me something?" Ace asked out of the blue.

I made a 'hum' sound letting him know that I was listening to him as I crossed my arms hugging myself slightly as I stared out at the ocean still just like he was.

"Do you regret meeting you're old friends when you were a kid?" Ace asked me making me glance at him in confusion.

"No" I said still sounding confused.

"Do you regret taking care of those kids? Or regret meeting me, Marco and Thatch?" Ace asked again still looking out at the ocean.

"No I don't...." I said again slightly knowing what he was asking as I glanced down at the ground.

"And do you regret becoming a part of our family? And for falling in love?" Ace asked once more as he slightly glanced at me.

"No...." I whispered slightly but just loud enough for him to hear me as I felt more tears building in my eyes.

I heard Ace stand up and move closer to me, before I knew it he wrapped his arms around me letting me lean against him now feeling him being solid for this moment as I let the tears fall as I savored this last moment.

"Remember what I've always said to you?" Ace asked me in a soft tone that I knew too well letting me smile at his big brother actions.

"Never live with regrets...." I answered back as a small warm smile came to me as I heard him chuckle.

I looked up at Ace who was now slowly fading away with the sun that was setting beyond the horizon seeing that goofy smile on his face making me smile as well.

"Kumiko, follow your heart.....your soul will forever be a Whitebeard pirate, but your heart....your heart is sailing with the next tide" Ace spoke to me softly as his thumb whipped a tear away from my face as I looked at him for the last time.

I smiled softly as I hugged him tightly one last time as he hugged me just as tight in his arms as well letting some tears of his own go as well as he slowly faded with the sun; whispering one last things into my ear.

"We're all proud of you" Ace whispered into my ears as he slowly faded letting the breeze of the ocean take him away from me again.

I stood there still staring out at the sea as tears softly ran down my cheeks as I looked down at my wrist at the bracelet that Kid gave me when I was knocked out. I held my wrist in my other hand holding it against my heart feeling it thumping at the thought of Kid; it might have taken me longer to realize this but I knew what my heart was telling, I soon turned away from the cliff and rushed back to the village before Marco went out to look for me. I needed to tell him I would be leaving the island shortly to go back to the Kid Pirates and to finally try and had a normal life with a man I knew I loved longer but never noticed until now.

I was finally going to tell Kid how I felt about him and be a part of his crew and life whether he liked it or not.

I arrived back at Marco's house by opening the door seeing him waiting for me with some dinner already, seeing him smile warmly for a greeting made me smile as well as I closed the door behind me as I sat down at the table with him.

"So, did you make your decision?" Marco asked as he glanced at me with a knowing smirk like he used to,

"I did, I just needed a little push" I said to him as I smiled warmly at the help Ace gave me when we were speaking back at the cliff.

"Good, I'll make sure you have thing's for your journey in the morning" Marco said to me making me smile more knowing he still acted like a big brother to me.

"Thank you" I said to him which made him smile as well.

Having us soon enjoy our warm meal as we spoke about old times laughing back and forth as we remembered everything from those wonderful days, it made me see something clearly; its not the hard and painful days that bring out the memories. Its the good and happy memories you have with each person that makes them memorable.