9 (Then And Now)

I couldn't stop thinking about what Kid said to me that day on the tropical island, I've been thinking about it for weeks now and it has been at least two weeks since that day, things were changing that was for damn sure; I did find Kid very handsome and sexy as hell nothing like the scrawny kid I came to know as a best friend. I don't even know if we were that anymore and thinking of that was eating me inside as I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling of my room on the ship; thinking back to those old days back in the south blue when I first met Kid and Killer for the first time in my life that changed it a great deal of it.

The sun shined in the bright blue sky above as a breeze through the sails that was sailing to an island in the south blue, but I could only see the sun from the small hole in the storage room on the ship. I sat in the far corner alone and away from the other's that were stuffed inside this storage area, the place smelled of old clothes and food. The sound of their chains and mine clanked a couple of times if we moved or if the ship hit a wave; yes I was stolen into the slave trade, I was only five. My purple hair was cut to look like a boy, dirt covered my body from head to toe as the chains around my wrists and ankles ached as they ate away the skin there making them hurt when I would move.

The ship stopped when I heard the anchor drop outside into the waters making it splash, I picked up my head quickly once I heard footsteps above came closer to the door to the storage, many of the slaves coward once the door was opened with force making some gasp and some cry a little bit as the men came down.

"Alright everyone get up!!" the captain shouted at all of us, making us all stand up in fear to be beaten once more if we did nothing. I kept my head down to the floor as the slaves lined up one by one from biggest to youngest which was me; once the whip was whipped in the air everyone started to move in sync coming out from the storage and out to the open light to this tropical island with sandy white beaches, seagulls flying around on shore or out on the sea catching their meal for the day. The sun was blinding for sure since it has been about five months when I was put under the deck of this ship being kept in the darkness until we would reach a different island each time to be sold off to who had enough money for slaves, the thought of being sold to someone scared me to death; I trembled as we all made our way to the building for slaves to be sold; my heart beat was beating so fast I'm sure it would have jumped out of my chest, to be honest I would have welcome death. I don't have any family that I could remember clearly, I had no friends from wherever I was from; I had nothing so why wouldn't I welcome death to take me before I had to become a slave to some rich basterd or bitch who would use me and beat me still I was broken for their own amusement.

In my train of thoughts a small glimpse of red caught my attention, making my head pick up slightly seeing the pile of red hair not far from where I walked along with the slave line. His amber eyes burned into my dull blue eyes once we made eye contact, he wore goggles on his head to keep his red hair in a spike form as he wore worn out shorts, shoes and tank top. The one who stood by him had long blonde hair that covered half of his face, he too was watching the line of slaves that walked by him and his red headed friend, he also wore worn out clothes, shoes, jean shorts and a T-shirt. My thoughts of them were broken when he heard the sound of the whip slash through the air again making me flinch and look down again closing my eyes tightly making sure tears wouldn't fall from my eyes. I just wished I was either killed soon or rescued from this hell people called a life.

I sat there in the darkness in the corner of the cell they held us in, I didn't know if it was dark out or if it was still light outside; my stomach grumbled softly from the lack of food, I wrapped my arms around my stomach trying to stay strong from hunger but I still wish I was never here. My thoughts were cut when I heard a thump from one of the corners outside my cell, it was too dark for me to see anything so I tried listened closely to the sounds around me; soon enough my cell door was opened making me jump and curl up against the wall closer feeling the cold wall against my skin made me shiver.