11 (What I Long For But Can Never Have Again)

There was nothing but darkness in my sight, the sound of muffled voices around me was somewhat clear but I couldn't hear what they were saying; my head throbbed as my foot hurt, my body ached and shivered. But I couldn't stay awake any longer so I gave into sleep to sleep away the pain I was feeling from body and mind.

I suddenly woke up as I sat straight up which I regretted as I held my head slightly from the throbbing that came from it like a bunch of drums were inside my head, I groaned in pain a bit as I closed my eyes slightly as the door soon opened and closed.

"Good your awake" the voice I knew too well rang through the room making my blue eye widen as I looked up having my eyes widen a bit more, seeing the same ruffled blonde hair, the same tattoo that was shown on his chest.

"M-Marco?" I asked almost in disbelief as I saw him standing there.

"You look like you've seen a ghost Kumiko" Marco said to me as he gave me a confused look tilting his head to the right a bit.

I didn't know what to say, I didn't know if it was a dream or if it was real because I have never had a dream where I would be able to move or do anything, it left me confused as I looked at myself seeing a bandage around my foot that I know I stepped on shattered glass, even my head was wrapped up. Everything was very confusing.

"Pops should know that you're up" Marco said to me breaking out of my thought making me look at him.

"Come on, take these so you don't walk on your foot too much" Marco spoke again to me as he handed me some crutches for me to walk on.

I took them with shaky hands as I stood up slowly placing the crutches under my arms and followed Marco out of the room and out to the deck of the ship hearing the sounds of laughter as the sight before me came into view, the sight of the whole crew together was before me as they ate and drank a lot. The sound of two laughed came into my ears making my head snap to the right making my eyes widen more seeing both Pops and Ace laughing and smiling; they had scars from the battle at marine fort, I didn't know how but my heart beat stopped for a moment as I stared at them.

"Guys look who's up!" Marco called out to everyone gathering their attention.

"KUMIKO!!!" everyone cheered as they raised their mugs to me.

I didn't know how to feel right now I didn't even know what was going on, all I could do was smile a little as tears gathered in my eyes as I walked over to everyone in the group.

"It good to see you have woken up, daughter" Pops said to me as he looked down at me with a warm smile.

"Pops, w-what happened at marine fort?" I asked as I looked up at him confused as ever.

"You're powers went out of control a little bit but it was enough for us to get Ace and Pops away from the marine's to save them both" Vista's voice called out explaining a small bit what happened at marine fort.

"You were totally a bad ass out there" Ace said to me giving his goofy smile as he looked at me.

"Of course she is, she is my girlfriend after all" another familiar voice came out from the crowd making me freeze in my spot.

I slowly turned around behind me, letting the tears build in my eye more as I saw a face a longed to see for a long time; the same brown hair and goatee, that warm smile I loved so much, the scar over his left eye. My heart never felt so alive like it did right now, I didn't know what to think but my body moved on its own as I walked over to Thatch who smiled warmly at me as I was just inches away from him. He leaned forward until his lips met my forehead, the warmth of his lips made me smile more as some tears fell freely from my eyes.