12 (Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again)

[Italic – is Kumiko's Song]

The sun slowly rose over the horizon of the sea, bringing a warm glow to the blue sky as it crept up slowly; I slowly packed up the clothes and trinkets that were in my room on the ship. I was lost in my thoughts as I slowly packed my bag as the ship sailed closer and closer to the island that was in the distant, I kept staring down at the bracelet that was around my wrist still; drifting my fingers across the metal feeling every detail and every emotion Kid might have felt as he fixed it, my mind was in a jumble as I thought about Kid.

It was about a week ever since that night, my shin still shivered at the thought of that night but I never avoided Kid because of it; but I noticed that he would avoid me always skipping the time I would be eating breakfast, lunch and dinner. Always being tucked away in his workshop; I still remembered what Kid said to Killer when they thought I was asleep, still remembering his touch on my cheek as I placed my hand against the same cheek as I closed my eyes still feeling his touch there; my mind was just in a jumble between being on this island, going to speak to Kid one last time about things between us or trying to ignore whatever my heart was trying to tell me. I didn't know what to do anymore, the sound of the anchor cut me off from my thoughts letting me know that we had reached the island.

I slung my bag over my shoulder as I walked up to the deck, seeing the crew there with Killer, Heat and Wire but no Kid like always; it broke my heart knowing that he still didn't trust himself around me.

"You want me to get Kid up here?" Killer asked me as I stood in front of everyone.

"Its his choice not to be here, its fine" I said back to him as I glanced at the ground with a sad look, trying to act fine but I think Killer knew that I wasn't.

"There will always be a place here for you Kumiko" Heat said to me making me glance up at him with a small warm smile at him.

"Thanks guys" I said to them as I glanced at each one of them with a smile, my heart seemed to ache a bit knowing I wouldn't see them again maybe.

My feet touched dry land once I left the ship, letting the anchor pull up as the sails were let out letting the wind catch them carrying the ship away from the island; now my heart truly felt hurt as I watched them sail away knowing that I wouldn't see them again. I sighed as I turned away and started walking around the ruin village thinking about why I was dropped here when all there was were ruins of a village that was once here and the graves that belonged to Ace and Pops; that's when my thoughts were once cut off when I heard faint laughter in the distant, glancing to my left I saw a waterfall that was covering something which made me follow the laughter behind the waterfall. I could see a cave behind the waterfall, I glanced back and forth from where I was and the cave; I took my chances and went into the cave getting wet from the waterfall a bit but made my way through the long cave hearing the laughter a lot clearer as I came closer and closer to the end of the path.

My blue eyes were blind a bit by the light that came to me once I exit the cave, once my eyes fixed from the brightness my eyes widened as I saw what was in front of me; through this cave there was a village that was in perfect condition, with lots of happy people who smiled as they worked the fields and spent time with friends and family; children playing in the grassy fields laughing as they chased each other. Now I understood where most of Pops money went to it was to make sure these people had a good life and didn't go to ruins like the village that was in front of the island.

I started walking down to the village closer to follow the road watching people as they waved at me with smiles, I smiled and waved back as I walked pass them glancing around seeing how nice this place was; as I walked I thought I saw a glow to the right side of my eye but thought nothing of it until I saw it again that made my head snap to the place I saw it. Seeing the soft light blue and yellow flames mixing together as they burned brightly made my blue eyes widen, I knew those flames better than anyone.