2 (Old Friends)

I could still feel the sun on my face, the wind blowing through my hair as I stood on the docks watching Killer and Kid take supplies and place it on a ship they got somehow. But I wasn't about to ask how.

Today was the day they were going to go out and sail to become pirates, I wanted to go but Kid told me that I Should wait and plan my own journey instead of following in his shadow like I normally did as we grew up together. "I still wish I could go with you guys..." I said as I sat on a box next to me on my left. "Your still to small and young" Killer bluntly said as he threw a bag over his shoulder.

I puffed out my cheek with a pout on my face. "I am only two years younger than Kid and your just three years older than me, I don't think I'm that young" I said acting all tough, that just made him chuckle as Kid busted out laughing at my words. "You're still a small fry! The sea-kings would eat you with one bite!" "Not funny Kid!!" I screamed back at him as he laughed some more making my face turn red like his hair. I crossed my arms and sat on the box again looking away from him as he walked over to me leaning on the box I sat on.

"Don't worry about it, once you grow a bit we'll meet up in the new world how's that for a promise?" Kid asked me as he crossed his arms looking at me over his shoulder with a smirk on his lips.

"Fine, its a deal but you take this" I said back with the pout still on my face as I handed him something on some papers, he was confused as he took the papers from my hand and looked at them; his amber eyes widened a small bit seeing they were blueprints to a ship design I made for his future ship. "You don't have to use it if you don't want to, just thought it be a nice gift if you need any ideas for your ship model" I said looking down with a soft blush on my pale cheeks as I played with my fingers hoping he liked it.

I hear him chuckle for a moment and suddenly he ruffled my purple hair. "Hey!" I yelled which made him laugh even more when he stopped, making my hair look like I just woke up this morning, I combed my hair down as best I could until my eyes landed on something in front of me; a hair clip that was made from gold as rubies shined in the sun making it look like a rose, I was stunned as I looked at it. "Since you made the design, I made you this" Kid said softly as he looked away with also a hint of blush on his cheeks. I smiled as I took the hair clip holding it close to my heart as I looked at him smiling.

"We're always going to be best friends right?" I asked since I was worried once he left he'd forget me after years would pass between us. "Yeah, we'll always be friends" he said back to me, giving off one of his rare warm smiles at me which made me smile again.

I still stood there in front of Kid as he sat in his chair looking at me as I stared back at him the same way, almost like looking at a ghost for the both of us. "Care to join us?" the voice of Killer cut off my thoughts as I glance up at him, I smiled a bit at the offer. "If that's alright with you guys" I said wanting to know if it was alright with them. "Anything for a friend" Killer said as I took a seat between him and Kid, being introduced to Heat and Wire who sat in front of me.

The day went by quickly at work thankfully Kid didn't start any fights or someone stupid enough tried picking a fight with him, I knew how much of a bad temper he had; something inside me told me that his temper got worse through the years being out at sea and dealing with those who thought they could take him and his crew on.