- 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 -

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

【。_。】 . 【。_。】

"What can I getcha, Mr. Handsome?~" Kokichi asked Shuichi, leaning over, placing his hand against the wall behind the detective. "Nishishi~ I never see you here this early . "

Last night, after The conversation between Rantaro and Shuichi, the latter decided he would confront Korekiyo, but to do that, he would need Kokichi's cooperation. Because without him– Kokichi – who was now the most viable piece of information and witnessed to Korekiyo's secret– Shuichi wasn't sure if he could catch the culprit. How ironic. Kokichi was once the number one suspect, but now it was the total opposite.

Shuichi ignored Kokichi's usual antics and the comments. He grabbed the hand Kokichi was using to touch his thigh and looked him in the eye.

"Shinguji-san isn't here right now, so I want to talk."

Kokichi paused.

Shuichi continued. "I know you said you don't want to see me, excluding you trying to flirt with me right now, but why?"

The purple-eyed male bit his lip before looking to the side. "I want to see you. Just–"

"Just when Shinguji - san isn't around?"

"...?!"

"He was in that black SUV when we were at the park. You don't want him to think we're close, right? Otherwise, he might use our relationship to blackmail you even more."

Kokichi was speechless, but looked down in defeat. He was found out. His lies were pointless now, weren't they?

Both were silent. The club was quiet too. It was still the afternoon, and nobody was even inside because the club didn't open for another four and a half hours. Shuichi was only let in because Kokichi let him in.

Finally, Kokichi let out a laughing sigh and sat down beside Shuichi.

"Hehe..I guess... you really are a detective, huh..."

Shuichi eyes widened with surprise.

"Y-You knew!? How long?! When..??"

"You left your I.D in your car. I saw it then." Kokichi replied with a slight snarky smile back. He frowned and put his elbows on the table, resting his chin in the palm of his hands.

"I thought as long as I listened to him, I would be fine... and maybe eventually he would get bored of me and let me go. But.. that's kinda stupid to wish for since he would kill me rather than let me go around with me knowing too much," explained Kokichi, his eyes dazed off to no where in particular.

"Except the victims who died. You knew they would be killed, Oma-kun.." Shuichi added softly, bit firmly and Kokichi flinched.

"I'm... I– If I didn't.." he dug his nails into his cheeks. "H-He was gonna release pictures of me and this one guy... and put the blame on me for his murder..."

Kokichi dug his nails deeper into his skin. "I swear.. I didn't want anyone to die–"

Swiftly, Shuichi leaned over, pulling Kokichi's hands away from his face that he was scratching up without realizing it.

"He was going to put the blame on for the first murder and you'd probably be blamed for the ones afterwards," Shuichi had stated, taking Kokichi's hands into his.

"Don't hurt yourself. You have a pretty face, Oma-kun," Shuichi commented, trying to lighten the mood a bit. He rubbed his thumb over the nail imprints on Kokichi's skin, earning a small blush and saddened expression from the other.

"Kokichi, listen," Shuichi began. "I'm going to help you as much as I can. . But to do that, we need to work together to stop Korekiyo Shinguji." He took a breath.

"I have a plan. But I can only pull it off with your help."

Afterwards, Shuichi held his breath. He prayed Kokichi would be strong enough to do this. He knew he went through a lot, and things were only get worst before getting better. He squeezed Oma's hand.

"Please.."

Glancing down at his hand Shuichi held onto so tightly, Kokichi glanced back up at the detective , into those soft, golden eyes he immediately fell in love with when they first met. Shuichi seemed back to his old self before any stupid deal between them was made for sexual amusement in return for cooperating with the detective. Shuichi's determination, his honesty, and his kind heart. It all showed when Kokichi looked at him.

"Kokichi—"

"On one condition," Kokichi held up a finger, tapping his lips. "I'll give in for a kiss~"

Shuichi looked a bit flabbergasted, but Kokichi quickly snickered at him.

"That was a lie!" He grinned at him. Then his expression softened a bit.

"Let's catch that bondage weirdo together," Kokichi said, wrapping his pinky around Shuichi's. But was caught off when Shuichi pressed his lips onto his anyway.

"It's a deal then.." Shuichi decided.

.
.
.

So the plan was set between the two. Kokichi explained that Korekiyo was having a final show with him and Oma downtown at Aoihime Casino where Kokichi would do a private show for VIP guests.

"He's planning on leaving Japan afterwards... taking me with him.." Kokichi confessed , his tone more serious than usual. "After the performance, there will be a jet ready to take off ."

Shuichi leaned back in his seat, folding his arms over his chest and holding his chin in thought. "So we have a time limit then.."

Kokichi stared at the other curiously. "Saihara-chan, when you do confront him, what do you plan to do to prove its him?"

"I want to hear him confess.. Unless the culprit confesses in front of me, I never feel entirely sure," Shuichi replied, looking back at Oma. Shuichi always wanted to be 100% when it came to arresting people. That fear of his grew after the mistake he made that got him blacklisted.
"Don't worry, I have a plan, too." He assured. Then he remembered something.

"There was something I wanted to ask you. Your phone. Can I see it?"

Kokichi seemed a bit puzzled, but handed his phone over. "Yeah, but why?"

"If I'm right, there's something on it that we're going to use against Korekiyo."

【。_。】 . 【。_。】

A/N : what's that I see ? The climax of the story seems to be reaching the peak? The finale seems to be approaching. 👀