- 𝐇𝐀𝐉𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐄 -

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

【。_。】 . 【。_。】

Kokichi agreed to introduce Shuichi to the supposed suspect who attacked Kaito Momota. But it had to wait two days because the person Kokichi was talking about only came on Fridays. Of course Shuichi wasn't thrilled having to wait, but he didn't have a choice.

Honestly, Shuichi was unsure about this entire situation. He was sure Kokichi was responsible, or at least, very much involved in the killings. However, was he the one who attacked Kaito? Now that Shuichi thought about it, was Kokichi honestly the kind of person to make such a rash and stupid move? Shuichi could've easily told the cops about Kokichi and how he vanished mysteriously, and that would've made Kokichi look responsible for the assault since he was the only ither person there, but Shuichi wasn't sure. But if Kokichi was innocent on attacking Kaito, then there must've been someone else in the house that night.

But the question is, who? And why attack Kaito?

.
.
.

"So that's the guy?" Shuichi asked Kokichi. The two were sitting in the booth near the far back corner of the club, and their attention was on a male who was sitting at the bar. The male had spikey brown hair, green eyes, and was wearing a white collared shirt and black pants. He was sipping at his glass of vodka with a splash of orange juice added as he stared off into space. He seemed out of it, but not entirely from just the alcohol.

"Mhmm.. He comes here every Friday evening and stays all night looking like that with that stupid look on his face." Kokichi lazily played with the straw in his drink. He didn't even seem too interested in all this.

Shuichi raised a brow. "And how can you be so sure he's the one who attacked Momota-kun?" It was a fair question, and Kokichi didn't hesitate to answer.

"Mr. Hajime Hinata over there got in a fist fight with Momota awhile back. Hinata was drunk, and threatened to kill Momota because he thought he kidnapped his boyfriend."

"K-kidnapped!?"

"Mhmm.."

"Do you know who Hinata's boyfriend was? Maybe his name? Did he ever come to this club–"

Kokichi put a finger against Shuichi's lips, signaling for him to be quiet. "Saihara-chan!" He exclaimed in a loud hush. "Stop detectiving all over the place. It's totally gross!" He leaned back into his seat and crossed his arms. "Besides, I don't know anything about the guy, and even if he has or had a boyfriend." He claimed with a scoff.

Shuichi blinked, then sighed and leaned back into his own seat. So Kokichi knew nothing about a boyfriend then.

"I'm going to go talk to him. See what he knows," Shuichi said, getting up from the table. "I'll be back."

Shuichi took a small breath, then causally took a seat at the bar counter beside Hajime, who didn't seem to have noticed the other at first. The detective called the bartender over, AKA, Rantaro, who politely asked what he could do for the twice

"Just water for me. What about you?" Shuichi looked over at Hajime.

The brunette slowly glanced back st Hajime.