- 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 -

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

【。_。】 . 【。_。】

Watching from afar, Shuichi's gaze was on the stage located towards the far end of the club. The shows performed seemed to start later at night when more people were here. The bartender , a young man with soft green hair and eyes noticed Shuichi and refilled his drink; which was just water since Shuichi wasn't much of a drinker.

"I don't think I've seen you here before. Are you new around here?" He asked polity with a smile as he leaned over the counter. "Because you don't look much like the type who would be at a place like this."

Shuichi's attention gladly shifted from the dancers on stage in front of the audience and to the surprisingly nice- looking man talking to him.

"You don't look like you would either to be honest."

"Heh, well , I have to make a living somehow. And I get to meet a lot of interesting people working at a place like this. " The other chuckled back, scratching the back of his green head as he agreed with Shuichi. Honestly, the bartender didn't seem like these other guys here. "My name is Rantaro Amami , by the way." He introduced, shaking Shuichi's hand.

Shuichi glanced back to the stage after nodding a curt nod as response.

"You don't talk much, do you ?"

"Mm.. I just don't like the smell in here." Shuichi replied,  leaning his chin into his hand and covering his mouth and nose. The smell of alchohol, cigarettes, and sex seemed extensively copious. He would never see himself in a place like this if it wasn't for his job.

"Haha. You get used to it." Rantaro replied causally, and also went ahead and watched the show. Both males were silent until Rantaro spoke up-

"Do you know him?"

Shuichi looked at him.

"That guy up there." Rantaro gestered his head to Kokichi who was popping his knuckles. Kokichi was wearing tight leather pants, a matching leather vest. His hair was pulled back with a small, checkered ponytail. He rubbed something onto his hands before he grabbed onto the pole and began to swirl around on it a couple of times, seeming to take a moment to warm up.

During this, Shuichi's eyes seemed completely focused on him. Rantaro noticed and laughed a bit, thinking Shuichi's reasons for watching the smaller was something else than what it really was.

"Ah, Oma. I wouldn't trust that guy. He's a player- and a liar. I don't suggest that one, unless you like those type of guys." He hummed with a smile, tapping his finger against the countertop.

Shuichi listened to the tapping - then asked- "What do you mean by that ? I don't know much about the people around here. Being new and all."

"Well Oma-san is known as Liquor City's favorite exotic entertainer. He's popular with everyone, though he makes quite a lot of jealous enemies."

"Enemies?" Shuichi raised a brow and looked over at Rantaro.

"Well... Imagine if a guy cute and attractive as Oma claimed to love you , but you found out you were just another pawn for him to sleep with, or maybe he squeezed you dry of everyone you owned; money, gifts, personal amusement..."

Kokichi swung around in circles, his legs kept a perfect angle, his arms strong and held himself up as he swung around faster and faster , locking his legs and flipping upside down, more spins and turns as he  continued faster and faster.

"Or maybe you found out your lover slept with a club entertainer. You'd be furious, right?"

Kokichi seemed quite skilled. He had been doing this for a long time, after all. His hands were quite calloused as proof. He used lotion to try and keep them soft again, but it seemed pointless. But Kokichi could live with that; the blurry nights filled with alcohol, music, excitement, money and men adoring him is what he loved. It was exhilarating. He had many admirers, and he knew they would do anything for him. They were like loyal followers and he was their leader. Kokichi could probably convince anyone here to do something in return for one night with him or something.

"Some of the guys get over it. They're the same as Oma in the idea of using other people, and are like friends with benefits with each other, but some are different .. Some might hurt those they blame as taking Oma away from them.. Or maybe the day will come he'll get hurt for being involved in breaking so relationships.."  Rantaro's tone suddenly went from relaxed to quite serious. He suddenly looked Shuichi dead in the eye.

"If I were you, I'd stay away from
Kokichi Oma."

.
.
.

Though as Rantaro's warning should have worked, it only led Shuichi more and more to believe the idea Kokichi had something to do with this case. If what Rantaro said was true, then it wasn't impossible to suspect that these killings had something to do with jealously. Was someone trying to keep Oma to themselves ? Or were they trying to get back at him for something by killing those people? If Shuichi got some clues out of Kokichi, then he could back up the second theory better.

Shuichi let out a shaky sigh.

"I don't have much of a choice..."

He leaned into the couch and stared up at the ceiling. Before another killing happened, he needed to know what Kokichi knew. The blacklisted detective had to figure out this mystery before it was too late. Then, in the end, he could regain his old life back.

"I'll do whatever it takes to
uncover the truth."

He leaned his head back some more and looked over his shoulder as the door opened and someone paused by the doorway for a moment

"I knew I'd find Mr. Mysterious here when I was told I had someone waiting for me in the back.."

  Kokichi was leaning against the doorframe with his hip, and smirked pleasingly at Saihara. Almost like he knew the other would agree to this. The dancer shut the door behind him. As he walked over. Shuichi didn't even seem nervous - in the outside at least. He was , but he was taking this as nothing but an obstacle to overcome in his case. This wouldn't mean anything when it came to saving future lives. Shuichi could do this.

"And if it means having sex with this guy...then.."  he gulped as Kokichi had crawled into his lap.

.. I'll consider it something needed to be done to do what I need to do."

【。_。】 . 【。_。】