•|• Chapter Sixty-Three

•|••|••|•

Hajoon

Today? Will today work for you?

Namjoon read the message. He hadn't texted Hajoon since he came that day a few weeks ago. He figured Hajoon would text him one of these days, but he was a little surprised it was today.

Namjoon

What time?

Hajoon

2 hours?

Namjoon

I'll be there.

Namjoon set his phone back down and looked up. "What is it?" Jin asked.

"Hajoon wants me to come today and I said I would. I have to be there in 2 hours. I just hope it goes well," Namjoon explained.

"Do you want me to come as back-up? I know you kind of have that feeling that this might all be a lie and they want to hurt you again. I can come and wait in the car if you want me to."

"No, no, it's fine. I'll be fine. I think I kind of want to be alone on the drive there. I think it might help calm my nerves a little more."

"That's alright. If you need me call though, alright?" Jin asked sincerely.

"I will. I'm going to go change out of these clothes. Then I'll probably get ready to get going."

"Alright. I'm here if you need to talk before you leave," Jin nodded, as Namjoon stood up.

Namjoon just nodded staring at him for a second, before walking out watching his steps. He entered his and Hoseok's shared room. "Hey what's up?" Hoseok asked.

"Nothing. I just have to go somewhere in a little bit. I'm going to change and then get going," Namjoon answered. Nobody besides Jin and Jungkook knew about Namjoon's rough upbringing and he'd like to keep it that way. It's not that he didn't trust the others he just didn't want everyone to know. He didn't want them to pity him.

"Are you alright?" Hoseok asked setting his phone down, noticing Namjoon's change in attitude to how it normally was. He was normally strong with his opinion and held himself high, but now he seemed to be a bit hesitant and more reserved.

"What? Oh, Yeah I'm fine. I'm just going to get change," He pointed to the bathroom backing up into it with his clothes in hand. He let out an awkward laugh as he shut the bathroom door.

"What the fuck was that?" Namjoon thought. "I need to act normal, not suspicious. The last thing I need is for them to think something is wrong. Everything is fine and everything will continue to be fine."

Honestly, Namjoon didn't know if he really thought everything would be fine or if he was trying to convince himself that everything would be fine at this point. No, everything would be fine. If something went wrong, he has a phone and all he has to do is pick it up and call Jin or any of the others.

___

"How has everything been going?" Jungkook's mom asked. They had just sat down in the cafe they were supposed to meet in yesterday.

"Good. I'm sorry about yesterday, but something came up. I hope you weren't too disappointed," Jungkook apologized. "I know it was last minute and I probably caused you to either stay in town another day or drive all the way here. I just want to-"

"Hey," she called out resting her hand on his. "It's alright. I was visiting with an old friend and I stayed an extra day. She didn't mind. She was happy to see me for longer."

Jungkook smiled and nodded lowering his head. Of course, it was alright. "How are you doing?"

"Good. But enough about me I want to hear all about you."

"Well, you're going to have to be a little more descriptive with the questions you ask."

"They Grammys? 4 nominations?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm a little nervous about the performance since it's been a while, but I will start practicing tomorrow. Which will give me plenty of time to make sure everything is perfect. I kind of hope I win 2 nominations, but I would be happy with 1. I would be happy to just perform there."

"Well, I hope you win all 4," she smiled her voice a loud whispered. "You deserve it."

"That's what everyone keeps telling me."

"It's because it's true. You have worked so hard and you have come so far. You deserve to win all 4 of those awards."

"I hope I do, but again I would be happy to just perform there," Jungkook smiled.

"I want you to know before you relax anymore. Your father should be here any minute. I hate to tell you not to relax but I know how you get around him and I know how he is."

Jungkook nodded. He knew he was coming but he didn't know what time. He just hoped everything would go well this time. No yelling. No anger. No walking out. No nothing. Just a nice civil conversation with peace.

___

"Namjoon-ah, come here," Jin said. He saw Namjoon walk down the stairs his head low. He looked nervous. "Hey, it's going to be alright. I'll be here. Call me and I'll be there. Okay?"

"Yeah," Namjoon nodded. He was still nervous. There was a good chance that this was all fake and just a way for them to get back at him, but a small part of him hoped that Hajoon wouldn't do that to him. A small part of his hoped that Hajoon was a good brother and was telling him the truth.

"Are you sure you're okay? You look a little pale," Jin asked concerned.

"Yeah, I'm just a little worried, nervous, scared to face them again," Namjoon said. He was. It was true. He couldn't lie. He was scared. He was very scared to face them again. He didn't want to get yelled at again. He didn't want to be controlled again.

"You're going to be fine. Everything's going to be fine. And if it's not, you best believe your brother will not see the light of day ever again. I will be there faster than you can snap your fingers. Are you sure you don't want me to come? I'll stay in the care. I'll stay silent."

"I'm sure, Hyung. I think I just need to be alone to calm my nerves. If it doesn't get better by the time I get there then I'll call you before I go inside."

"I'm sorry Joonie. I'm just worried about you. I don't want you to get hurt again. I don't want you to go through all that again. You're strong though and this time nothings going to happen. Nothing's going to hurt you."

"Thanks, Hyung. I'll call you after. I'm going to get going though," Namjoon said. He had about an hour to get there, but he would rather be early to calm his nerves before he goes inside looking like a hot mess.

"Alright Joon, I'll see you in a little bit." Jin watched as Namjoon stepped out of the apartment. He closed the door and all he could do was hope for the best. All he could do was hope he didn't get a phone call of Namjoon crying or anything like that. 

•|••|••|•

I'm so sorry for not making this longer and putting Jungkook and his father in this chapter as well as Namjoon and his family, but it's getting late and I am super busy tomorrow. I also want to let you all know ahead of time that, I am currently going to be playing on two fastpitch teams. Meaning I have double the games and practices. Updates might be a little slow because I have to keep up on school work two, but I will try my best to update regularly. I can promise that there will be at least one update a week. There will never be a week where I don't update at least once. I will try my best to keep updating on Thursdays and Sundays, but I have games on Thursdays and practice on Sundays as well as every other days of the week, plus school. 

I will try and tell you ahead of time if I know I won't be updating one day but don't worry about anything if I don't update on a scheduled day. It's probably because I was just too tired from all the practice and games going on. I do apologize about this, but fastpitch season is the only time am going to be really busy. 

Anyway, hope you enjoyed and have a great day/night. 

-Lisa